YUY2 support under new NT driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YUY2 support under new NT driver?

I was digging around the new NT drivers, and noticed a registry setting that looks interesting...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \VidCap\CurrentValues\YUY2Format
    I tried setting the equiv ColorFormat setting to YUY2, but no matter what the height and width settings are, the height and width seem locked at 704x480, which kills Video Studio 4.0 whenever I try to capture.
    Any ideas on ways to set the resolution for YUY2?
    I've already tried to modify the YUY2Format setting to YUY2HalfSize, but it still seems to insist on capturing 704x480.
    If I discover anything new I'll report it
    Any place to find any documentation on this "feature"?

Walrus,

this is ongoing work in the driver. Unfortunatly, you won't be able to use it in any way since it is at a very (very, very) early stage of development ...

Sandman.

Comment

The Sandman: Thank you for the responce. I spent about an hour playing with every possible registry setting, and I'm glad to hear that I wasn't able to get it working due to my ineptness. I'm glad to hear Matrox is working on adding this support (albeit unofficially) to their driver sets. Right now I can only barely capture directly to VCD with my dual-Celeron 550, and I figure a great deal of the bottlenecking is due to the YUV->RGB->YUV conversions.
      Now to getting together a guide to capturing MPEG with VS4

Comment

Too bad you're not on Win98 ...

Comment

Sandman, I have a license to '98, but I can't justify installing it when I'd lose one of my CPUs and I'd end up with an even more unstable system. I have enough problems with system stablity with NT4 SP6A (or W2K for that matters)
          YUY output would be cool.. but not at that price. I'm just glad Matrox is working on supporting YUY under NT

Comment

Working...
          X