Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which PCi slot should my RRG go?

ok I have an ABIT Be6 motherboard.
    if your not familiar with it. its PCI slots are perculiar.
    PCI 1 shares with AGP
    PCI 2 is fine
    PCI 3 shares an IRQ with UDMA 66 controller
    PCI 4+5 share the same bus master signal.

ok heres my prob I have my MAX in AGP,
    SBLIVE in PCI 2
    and SCSI card in PCI 5
    Where should i put my RRG for best performance. right now it is in PCI 4 sharing the bus master signal with my SCSI card. I can capture fine. but although no frames are reported dropped, there is a jitter on playback ever so slightly.

So any one care to offer helpful advice? :O)
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

RR-G's go in just fine in PCI-1. That is where they are happiest most of the time. Right next to the G400.

That's where mine lives.

Give it a try,
    Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

Hi mark f
      thanks.. ive just put it in PCI 1
      ill try some capturing later to see if the playback judder problem has gone (hope so)
      i am using 5.41 (i like the new betas but i didnt know if they worked properly with RRG)
      and vidtools 152

what do you use and is all well with you?
      you have an ABIT also?
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

i am probably wrong, but i dont think the rr-g needs a irq... and besides, i think it's better to leave some room for air circulation for the g400's fan. right now mine sits at the 3rd pci slot on my bp6 (which incidentally would have to share irq15 with the two channels on the htp366 if it needs a irq), and with the latest vidtool, i still get screwed-up frames (just for split seconds though), quite an improvement over the minute long screw-up's i got with the older driver

shaqdaddy

Comment

CMB- No I have a AOpen MoBo.
          But, Since the RR-G doesn't use it's own IRQ, it somewhat share with the Gx00 video card, it has given many people good results in the PCI slot that uses/shares the IRQ with the AGP slot. And, it doesn't wast a slot with a different IRQ, that could help leave room for other cards, as most use an IRQ.

Mark F.

------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Comment

Hi,
            thanks guys.
            I have put it back in PCI 4 for now
            as the point about the MAX fan having air room is true. It was getting awfully hot down there and i dont think it matters too much. I think on my motherboard PCI 1 uses quite a few shared resources of the AGP so it might be best like this anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X