Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to PIII, keep RRS?

Hi Guys,

I am using the Mystique220/RR-S combo on a Pentium 100 computer. Capture in MJPEG at 352x288 Pal (drop frames trying to capture in 704x576). Edit with MSP5.2 and convert to VCD Mpeg using Panasonic software. Now I want to upgrade to Pentium III 500MHz motherboard AsusTek P2-99B 440ZX, 10G 5400rpm IBM hardisk & Voodoo3 AGP display card. My question is
    1) RRS still compatible? Will the RRS now capture in full-frame MJPEG without drop frame and compression to MPEG much faster?
    2) Can I use RRS to capture video and run 3D games using Voodoo3 by changing the setting at Control Panel Win98?

Any suggestion will help.
    Jimmy

Hi Jimmy.I upgraded from a PI233 to a PIII500
    chaintech mb.I might suggest a second hard drive, however I could capture full screen NTSC with 1 drive with my PI233. So you should have no problem.Check out the tips & tricks section( good stuff).
    I have the RRS/Mystique and a Diamond 3DII have no problem
    smitty

[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 20 February 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Smitty. Where are those links for tips and tricks you mentioned? BTW is your diamond 3d the primary card or the add-on card? Do you need to change display setting while running 3d games?
      Jimmy

Comment

HI Jimmy
        Here is a link. Sorry it use to be called tips & tricks http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/DTVW_idiots_guides.htm
        The mystique is the primary and I don't need to change anything to run 3d.When I run a 3dfx program it automatically recognizes it.

Comment

Working...
        X