Cannot innitialise editor in MSP with SP 5.2-only 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot innitialise editor in MSP with SP 5.2-only 5.0

I installed a new RRG and G400 DH 32M on a friends system and then MSP 5 with the 5.2 SP, used G400 driver 5.41 and RRG 1.52, as per Matrox's recommendations, and after much frustrations, established that MSP video editor will only initialise without the 5.2 SP. The other components of MSP initialse fine with SP 5.2.
    On my system with the same drivers, no problems ( both P3's and BX chipsets).
    His system had been running for a few months since a clean install of WIn 98SE (SE on mine as well), and before I did anything, I did notice that that it was suffering weird hanging during normal application launching or closing, so I am not accusing Matrox or Ulead of problems.
    I just wonder whether anyone else has had this same problem with MSP 5.2 SP, and discovered a connection or cause that fixed it.
    I would love to hear from anyone who can help as we really tore our hair out over this one.

Anybody?

Comment

Brent,

Haven't had any problems updating the MS5.0 to MS5.2, are you sure it was the correct update file, ie. MSP5.0VE to MSP5.2VE or MSP5.0 to MSP5.2 ?

Had the OS been updated to DX7 etc. before installing/updating the MSP ?

Comment

Thanks Pertti,
        Yup-it is VE 5.2 and DX7a was installed before installing MSP.
        Only weird thing is that there is a beta DX Media file reported by the DX diagnostic tool.
        The system just had Win SE DX 6.1a and then the final retail release of DX 7a installed.

Comment

Working...
        X