Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Support Desk - Is there anybody there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Support Desk - Is there anybody there???

I've seen several postings where folks are not getting replies from Matrox support people. If a support E-mail address is available on the Matrox web site and people go to the bother of sending in support questions they expect an answer. This is terrible for Matrox's reputation and needs to be corrected pretty quick I would suggest. What's the reason?

NickT

Hi Wyntha, welcome!

I think you'll find that sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're not. Chris originally started this board a few years ago for pretty much the same reason: apparently the only way we can find ALL the answers we need is to collect together here and help each other out.

Maybe someone here can help you out?

Comment

What is your problem Wyntha maybe we can help?

Elie

Comment

Hi Wyntha,

We do answer our emails withing a few working days. However, the following items are not considered to be high priority for technical support:

- sales related
        - information on rma status
        - support for an OEM card
        - support for beta driver
        - support for beta OS
        - customer service

All this is clearly explained in the auto reply along with their proper email address.

Also explained in the auto reply is for anyone emailing us from home should re-send their question from our web site using our on line submission for.

If you did send your email with our on line submission form and it was about a problem with our retail card, let me know what email addy you used and I'll see what happened.

Haig

Comment

Haig,

As I bought my G400 Marvel TV online through European Sales Centre i sent my problems back to them. I did not even get an autoreply message that you refer to. If you want to know what my problems are then look on this forum for items from "Wyntha". Thanks for your interest.
          NickT

Comment

Wyntha, With all do respect do you think we have the time to search through the whole board for your messages???
            So get your little fingers busy and type your problem here now

Chaosers,
            Shlooky

Comment

OK. Here they come:-

1. TV image quality from Marvel G400 to my desktop screen is inferior to that of the quality I received via my Hauppage Win-TV PCI card, especially in Fullscreen mode where the image is fuzzy and out of focus. I plug my coax antennea cable directly into the breakout box and do not use cable.

2. I cannot record TV programs to disk. My capture program reports that "video signal in unstable or card is configured for wrong video format". I've tried PC-VCR Remote and other programmes to capture and I get same message. I have fitted a signal booster to my coax and it still doesn't help. I had not problem in capturing from the Hauppage card mentioned in 1. above.
              NickT

Comment

Did you completly get rid of the Hauppage drivers?
                They might conflict with the Marvel drivers.

Regards,
                Elie

Comment

Wyntha

Stupid question: have you set up the Marvel to capture at full screen PAL?

Please be explicit about your hardware/software/OS/settings

------------------
                  Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

HW - Dell Dimension XPS D233 (PII 233 MHZ) with 96MB & 16GB HD.
                    OS - WIN 98
                    S/W - latest Vidtools & drivers from Matrox website

I can add some more information now:-

1. If I do Autoscan for my TV stations they are reported as not TUNED (ie. NOT FOUND) although after scan is complete I can go to the channels that my stations are on and see them OK. But then I can't record them as reported earlier.

2. On one occassion I got message "TUNED" during Autoscan on a odd station and believe it or not the recording feature worked. So question now is "Why isn't autoscan picking up my stations and "Tuning" them properly?
                    NickT

Comment

I've also had problems with getting any reply, beyond the auto-reply when submitting requests via the web site. So, I've just plain given up on expecting Matrox to support their products. Three out of three unanswered questions is a strike out in my book.

Tonight I discovered the bug that was causing one of my problems. The thought crossed my mind to send it to Matrox via the web support form, but I've decided not to waste my time. Too bad, it would be very simple to fix and probably save them lots of time.

Comment

I'm glad to report that matrox people in Uk are now in contact with me and have concluded that I must have a defective TV Tuner so they are now arranging for a new card to be sent to me. Things are proceeding smoothly and the two people I'm in contact with in tech. support and sales are very pleasant.
                        NickT

Comment

I'm glad to report that matrox people in Uk are now in contact with me and have concluded that I must have a defective TV Tuner so they are now arranging for a new card to be sent to me. Things are proceeding smoothly and the two people I'm in contact with in tech. support and sales are very pleasant.
                          NickT

Comment

Working...
                          X