RT2000 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 Question

This might seem like a silly question, but does the RT2000 have a TV Tuner Program? I'm still running my trusty old Marvel G200, and it's something I've rather come to like being able to watch a show down in the corner while putzing around with email and such.

With the RT2000, can you do that? It's not a really big deal, obviously, for the other advantages you get from it, but I was just wondering...

Thanks
    Matt

Thr RT2K doesn't have a tuner, but nothing prevents you from using the tuner in your VCR and taking it in like any other video.

Comment

Okay then, another question, this time about the videocard that comes with it...

I know it has a G400 FLEX card, which the web site doesn't really explain. This card, is it as good as the G400 MAX, or is it a stripped down version? Does it truly support the duel-head feature, or does it support it in the same way as the Marvel G400, where you can only plug in a TV, and not a monitor?

How would the G400 FLEX compare on the gaming end, as opposed to, say, a G400 MAX, or a voodoo3?

Also, is the RT2k able to output the computer screen to a television? I sometimes do tech support segments for my school's news program, and I cut back and forth between myself, and the actual computer desktop through the desktop output.

Questions, questions, questions... =)

Thanks again,
      Matt

Comment

(From personal talk with the Matrox guy at Siggraph 99)
        It is essentially a G400 duel head (like the regular G400 non max)
        Gaming like a G400.
        it truly supports the duel-head feature in non vid editing mode. It does duel head when you unplug the box and run a second monitor. IT does output the comp screen to a tv.

Comment

Anybody got any thoughts on what might happen to the price of this card after it cools off some, or is it likely to cool off any time soon?

Comment

It definately looks like a serious piece of equipment. The blue box looks just like the one with my G200TV Interesting product. Not really a consumer piece, is it? Yet it is priced within reach for those who haven't spent many thousands of dollars taking baby steps into the digital realm the past few years. Unfortunately, I have, so for now I will have to wait on the the RT2000 and the lastest mega-pixel digital camera and the DV cam of dreams, etc. What I take comfort in is that it's getting better all the time (this digital stuff I mean) so if I can stay patient and just wait it out, perhaps I can make a big step up next time. Perhaps the RT2000 will be a part of that, or something even better.

Comment

Matt, if I felt this card was going to make me some cash or enable me to make more cash then I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I don't do any commercial business at all with my equipment, though, so right now an RT2000 would be very expensive entertainment for me. Still, somewhere down the road I do want that kind of power for my personal projects.

Comment

Dayspring;

To use Marvel MJPeg clips in the RT2000 a soft MJPeg codec is useful. I use PICVideo 2.0. It's free from http://www.jpg.com . It can use Marvel MJPeg files.

To use stills isn't much of a problem with the RT2000. Just convert them to .TGA files with an alpha channel. Place 'em in Premiere's Video2 overlay track and set the files duration to whatever you need. You can even fade 'em in and out using the timelines built in fade control. Titles can be added similarly. Now load the music into an audio track and send the whole shebang out to tape in realtime.

'tis great for quickly producing video slideshows.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 02 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X