2Gb limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Gb limit

How can I overcome the 2Gb limit in Premiere 5.1 when recording to videotape. I have captured 30mins of video in 3 chunks and cannot play it back in one go. This is because when I export to tape, it is jerky. When I play back through the monitor window, it plays fine and can be captured on my Marvel G400 card fine but playing back through the monitor will only allow 2Gb chunks. What I need to do is put all 3 chunks into one large file (export as a movie) and have a 6Gb file. Any ideas from anyone ??

Try the AVI_IO playback function. It allows you to select several AVI files for cont playback. I haven't tried it, but it's supposed to work without jerkiness. Otherwise you could always try MPEGing the files, although it may take some time...

Comment

(theres a small amount of humour in this post)

Well, what you could do is bring all your video into BeOS, play it full screen and record your monitor as it's playing. You won't have a problem with file sizes unless you've capped a video file greater than 18 petabytes

Comment

Hi,
        What or where is BeOS ???
        Donr

Comment

BeOS is an alternative operating system to Windows, that is soon going to be free. It has a lot of strengths (like a much higher file size limit) and very low latency, which makes it a very strong OS for media. They have limited hardware support right now, but a G400 driver is going to be shipped with the next version, Release 5, which will come out later this month.

Comment

DOH!
            And you can learn more here:
            www.be.com

and find apps here:
            www.bebits.com

Okay! Enough evangelising for now

Comment

nother link that i've been checking often is

free.beos.com

oooh can't wait.. hopefully the drivers for the RRG and whatnot will kick some serious booty and have built in YUY2/MPG whatnot without having to hack stuff.

Comment

NOTE: Windows Millennium (WinME) will feature a radically different media player. One that will play multiple files concurrently. As far as i know it works for mjpeg avi files (tested with Rainbow Runner Studio & Marvel G200).

Im not sure if the new media player will be available for download. Hopefully it will.
                Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

I would love to use BeOs for NLE once hardware support is available but the problem is that there will be virtually no editing software. Ulead.... MSPRO 6.1 for BeOs????
                  paulw

Comment

There are already two packages for BeOS, I believe. The one I know about (and which comes with Be) is Adamations personalStudio package. It .. works, but doesn't have a lot of flexibility.

Once free.Be (I believe the correct address is free.be.com ) is released, I'm sure many people will see the great strong advantages of it, and software companies will begin to see the demand for it.

Comment

Oh yeah... and new Media Player for WinME? Well... the only way they screwed up the OLD Media Player (ver 6 and on) was by making it so damn unconfigurable. I mean... it was UGLY. EVen though there were HUGE numbers of complaints about Apple's Quicktime players interface, I STILL would prefer to use it, over MP. It's prettier

Anyways, you CAN play files concurrently in the current version of Media Player. It's a little bit of a trick but..

Open Winamp, drag any media (even ones not supported by winamp) file into its playlist, then save the playlist and open it with MediaPlayer.

Funny how MS made mediaplayer able to OPEN playlists... but not create them. Kinda shows that they're more interested in being able to play everyone elses media, but they're not so concerned about allowing the user to create media that isn't made by MS...

Comment

Working...
                      X