MJPEG to MP4L3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG to MP4L3?

Just looking for a good tutorial or faq on going directly from mjpeg to mpeg 4 video layer 3 audio. Thanks.
    Prospero

I don't think such an FAQ exists, but if you have any specific questions, we'll be glad to answer them.

Comment

Prospero,

Have a look at http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/support/mpeg4mp3.html

Spielberg

Comment

I don't know enough yet to ask many questions. What I am mainly looking for is a way to save stuff I record through pcvcr. I could turn it into a vcd, but you seem to be able to use higher resolutions in the same file space with mpeg4. Just kind of experimenting at this point.
        Spielberg, thanks for the link. Iv'e been to that site and got some ideas but since it only covered dvd's I wasn't sure about direct transfer from mjpeg. Thanks everyone for your help.

Prospero

Comment

Prospero,

If you capture in MJPEG, you can use for example VirtualDub to recompress to MPEG4/MP3.
          I use the DivX codec and I'm very impressed by the quality versus the file-size.

To give you an idea: I was able to put a DVD from more than 2 hours on one CD at full DVD-resolution. The quality is impressive, especially compared to VCD that takes 2 CDs for this job.

You can do the same with MJPEG-captured material. Use the maximum quality settings when capturing MJPEG (704x576 at minimal compression) and convert this to MPEG4/MP3.
          Maintain the 704x576 resolution and go for a data-rate of around 1500 kbits/sec.
          This is a little bit more than VCD, but the quality is much, much better.

Spielberg

Comment

Thanks Spielberg,
            I'll give it a shot.
            Prospero

Comment

hi all
              I just downloaded the Divx codec http://divx.ctw.cc
              and some demos, but I am a little disappointed, not for the quality, but the fact that my K6-2 500 MarvelG400 has a lot of difficulties playing these highly compressed files full screen, and that I don't have overlay-> TV output ;(
              With a PII400 from a friend it seems ok to play full screen (+TNT2).
              Is the Codec optimized for Pentium only or is my system crazy ?

Thx for helping me out!

Fauc

Comment

Very impressive!

Du you guys know if it is best to de-interlace before converting to mpeg4, when capturing mjpeg at full res?

Comment

Yes, by all means; DEINTERLACE!
                  But simple trial and error will tell you the same!

------------------
                  INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
                  G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
                  SBlive
                  192 MB RAM CAS2
                  43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
                  Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
                  SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                  X