Premiere 6, Win 2000 & AMD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 6, Win 2000 & AMD...

I have been a long time Matrox user and always stop by matroxusers.com everyday and read postings and news. Well, I was getting a new system made and wanted Win 2000. So, I got myself to say bye bye to my Matrox Marvel G400-TV. I bought a ATI AIW Radeon. I miss my Marvel G400-tv MJPEG capture.

Anyway, I also bought the ADS Pyro Platnium DV hardware, which included the full version of Premiere 6. My problem is that the first time I load Premiere 6, it runs fine. But then when I load it again I get an eror on it's start up:

"premiere.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. you will need to restart teh program. An erro log is being created."

I called Adobe tech support (waited an hour to get through) and I was told that many many people have issues with AMD Athlon chips when running Windows 2000 (and issues with Win 98) with Premiere 6.

This is just great. I am wondering if anyone is having similar probelms or know of a solution where I do not need to buy another new motherboard and get an Intel chip. Below is my new system's config:

-K7T Turbo (MS-6330 v3.0) Motherboard
    -VIA KT133A chipset (with latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers)
    -AMD 1.3 Ghz SocketA t-Bird CPU
    -Western Dig. 80GIG IDE 7200RPM U100 HD
    -256 MB SDRAM 168PIN 133Mhz
    -Samsung 12/8/32 CDRW
    -3Comm Ethernet 10/100
    -Windows 2000 Pro w/ SP2
    -40 GIG Matrox EIDE 7200 RPM HD
    -5x Toshiba DVD Drive
    -Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Soundcard
    -ATI AIW Radeon 32MB
    -Pyro Platinum DV Card
    -SigmaDesigns Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder Card
    -Latest BIOS

Some probs for me, but I live with it...

I am using an Asus A7V133 with a 1.3 oc'd to 1430 using 10x143MHz. I have a ADS Pyro 1394DV and Premiere 6.01 and W2K. The only issue I have is when I export the timeline using Huffyuv, the last few frames are not rendered and I have to do an End Task from Task Manager. Of course if I haven't saved lately, I will be upset, so I save my project's often.

The Huffyuv based avi is actually viewable so I just live with it. I don't know if this is related to AMD/VIA or not, but it certainly is a popular reason on tech support lines!
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

i run win2k on an amd system and have had no problems whatsoever since upgrading from 5.1c. i still use my g400 for the dualhead capabilities, but i capture entirely through a $40 dv card which seems to work wonders.

Comment

Working...
      X