No Marvel/RR-G capture under BeOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Marvel/RR-G capture under BeOS

Although the OS itself won’t be released for another few hours, Be has an updated hardware compatibility list out already (updated March 27, 2000). And alas, no Marvel/RR-G is listed on this revised list. Looks like we need to wait for third party support.

See: http://www.be.com/support/guides/beo...l#videocapture

One special note, the Marvel G400-TV is listed above as a video card, just nothing listed under capture devices.

John

Well, Be isn't horrible about updates. The last update (4.5.2) gave users drivers for the Soundblaster Live, before that update, I wasn't able to use my Live at ALL.

And Im not sure what kind of arrangement they have, but I notice that a lot of features in BeOS 5 *USED* to be third party add ons, like the CDDA Filesystem addon which allows users to treat CD audio tracks as wave files (directly. You could play an audio CD with a wave player with this addon/feature, or copy the track instead of recording it analogue(which means watching the levels) or downloading and opening a seperate program to rip it for you).

Comment

Working...
    X