RT2000 Audio problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 Audio problem

Transitions are awsome!!! Painless install with one exception. I can't hear audio during preview or capture from my PD100A using the 1394 connection.
    Once saved the clip plays fine. I know it's something stupid I'm forgetting to do. Any ideas?

Here is my setup;

Sony PD100a
    asus pb3-f
    128mb ram
    PII 350
    Sound Blaster Live
    Modem Blaster PCI (they need to give that Blaster thing a rest)
    Netgear Fast Ethernet card
    10gig system drive
    27gig 7200 rpm a/v drive
    cd rom

RT2000 is connected to the Soundblaster Live's aux connector.

I have nothing connected to the BOB at present.

Thanks
    Stew

I agree the RT2000 is a nice piece or hardware.

When capturing or playing back from a camcorder via 1394 your not supposed to hear audio.
    What you can do is use the audio out (RCA's) on the camcorder and connect it to a receiver or your soundcard line in to monitor the audio if you absolutely need it.

Regards,
    Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 29 February 2000).]

Comment

I've found that I can hear the audio when played from the timeline, BUT I have to make sure my preview settings are set to render in RAM and not the HD, otherwise NO audio is heard.

Comment

Ahhh a REMEDY!!!

I reformatted the drive and reinstalled windows. I installed drivers for everything (including Premiere and the 5.1c patch) EXCEPT the RT2000.

I then ran the MVT installer (in the root of the cd) and everything is working great!!!

Once I did this, then installed the RT2000 driver, all my audio problems went away.

Comment

Working...
        X