Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help:Does Anybody know the answer?

Hello

none have been able to help yet can you!!!

Have a problem with my G400 and Premiere.
    every time i scrub across the timeline or even place the play marker in the timeline it takes ages for it to become active, i have now worked out what its doing is outputing the signal to the TV...Fine

The problem is that it does not stay locked onto the TV for very long, after
    a few seconds the TV picture flashes off and when i go to move to another
    part of the movie i have to wait again untill it sends it to the TV
    again..............arghhhh

you can probably guess this is taking up a lot of time and is not helping
    with speedy editing.

i have disabled the dual head and the preview to TV option under
    premiere...........not sure what else to do

anybody with a similar problem or solution

Cheers

(*)

When Premiere slows down my first reflex is to reduce the number of undo levels to <= 3 and to not use the filmstrip timeline preview.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

it has nothing to do with software slowdown, its the time it takes to direct the the signal to the TV and then its ability to hold it there.........and its not

i need to disable the tv out

Comment

Have now found out that the Tv out signal can be sustaned, a chap in another news group wrote "......As usual, i've done the Prem60.ini trick to stop the preview on my TV switching off then taking ages to come back on when I need it....."

this guy seems to have cracked it but does not say how...
        does anyone know of the prem60.ini file and what modifications to make to keep the signal constant to the monitor?

I have looked at the file and nothing seems obvious

getting closer,,,,,,

cheers for any help

Comment

Hi

I don't much use Premiere, & don't have 6, so this is an admitted guess...

I have had some luck using AVI.exe to change the avi file header lines to MPEG. A lot of software then sees this and uses another codec like picvideo (whichever you've got set to mpeg) for rendering.

The problem obviously is that while this can speed things up tremendously while you're editing, & is sometimes the only way to get a usable image in the trim window, you've got to deal with it when you do an output render, and that's where I'm of little help not having Prem 6 to test anything.

Some apps treat the video with changed header as Matrox when it comes to rendering, others don't. One gentleman posted in the Matrox forum that he had luck in a similar situation changing the registry in win2k to switch which codec handled MPEG &/or dmb1.

luck
          mikie

Comment

Working...
          X