MSP6 settings for making a VHS tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6 settings for making a VHS tape

Use the same settings you've used with Avid and you'll get the same output quality. Timeline playback for MJPEG uses the Matrox dmb1 codec for "smart render" and the codec makes the NTSC (or PAL) analog signal appear on the BOB connectors, ready to record.

I always use best quality 704x480 (NTSC). Others report 352x480 saves a factor of 2X on disk space and is "good enough". Don't go below 480 at 29.97 frames/sec (NTSC) or the interlace won't come out right for recording back to tape

--wally.

MSP6 settings for making a VHS tape

Want to switch from Avid to MSP6. Can anyone tell me what choices I should choose in the MSP startup for movie style to make a decent quality VHS movie. I have been pleased with my output from Avid so that quality is fine.

I also need to know what capture settings I should have to get footage that will best work with the settings above. I think I will capture with MSP6's capture program. If anyone has reasons I should capture with something else I am listening. =)

TIA

------------------
    Techman2 Dual Celery 366@458 marvel g400 64 meg 20 gig scsi CDR and 5 disk changer sb16 audio win 98 and win 2k
    Techman2 Dual Celery 366@458 marvel g400 64 meg 20 gig scsi CDR and 5 disk changer sb16 audio win 98 and win 2k

Comment

Working...
    X