G-200 crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-200 crashes

I haven't researched the problem, yet, because I'm hoping that some genius on this forum has already found the cause, and I do have a laborious workaround.

The last half-dozen times or so I've booted up the computer I use for video work, I've had a problem. If, after normal booting, I open any capture proggy, such as PC-VCR, the whole computer freeze-crashes (no response from any input device), requiring a physical re-boot. Workaround: reinstall Windows 98SE over the old, which is a pain. It then works. I've tried reinstalling graphics and video drivers and scan-checked hard disks, defragged and all the usual things. None of the diagnostic software detects anything wrong. It didn't used to do this and I can't think of anything I did that could have provoked it. Everything else seems to work (not that there is much else on this computer).

System: PIII/500 82443BX/ZX, 384 Mb 100 MHz, MM G-200 AGP, SB Live! Boot drive 4.0 Gbytes IDE0 master, Video drive 9.5 Gb IDE1 master, CD-ROM IDE0 slave (all DMA), CD burner SCSI, Realtek RTL8029 Ethernet PCI network adapter.

All clues gratefully received.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

I have a problem with the Marvel G200 and BOB where the BOB isn't warmed up, and trying to watch TV will freeze crash the computer. Basically I have to wait half an hour after turning on my computer to do anything involving the BOB.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
    X