Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Editing/Cleaning Program Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Editing/Cleaning Program Recommendation?

I'm looking for an audio editing program that has noise reduction features (hiss, pop/click reduction, etc) that is either free or fairly inexpensive. Basically a VirtualDub/AVI_IO for audio. I have GoldWave demo, and it looks like what I need, but just wanted some opinions or other recommendations.

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Sound Forge 5.0 would be the way to go... but I don´t know if it is expensive or not, since I saw the cracked version running in my friend´s computer.
    Last edited by Alec; 18 July 2001, 03:42.

Comment

I use Cooledit Pro - See www.syntrillium.com
      Lawrence

Comment

Hi

Sonic Foundry makes an app just for noise removal & Dart Pro is very good -- both have trial downloads available I think.

Dart's technology also was included in a couple of other apps, like the Spin Doctor included with Easy CD Creator dlx 3.5.

RE: ease of use, I would rate the Dart knockoffs first, then Goldwave, then CoolEdit Pro, then Dart & so on... the more specialized the app, the harder it is to get the settings just right, especially if you're new to them.

mikie

Comment

Working...
        X