Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest drivers and video tools for G400 Marvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest drivers and video tools for G400 Marvel!

I loaded these down from Matrox site today and installed. Can't understand what improvements I've got out of them versus older versions? Everything looks the same and I've lost YUV2 capture that I had earlier after installing Flying Dutchman patches (I thought YUV2 capture came with the new driver!).

So what added value have I got out of the new driver and video tools for god's sake and why don't I have YUV2 capture possibility?
    NickT

Hi Nick

In win9x-ME, the 1.55 vtools is from what I can tell the same ones released a little over a year ago for other Matrox hardware. As such, it's a small incremental step.

What I've found is that the 1.55 tools seem to have better color response, a better picture more closely ressembling what you see on the TV screen. It may have other small improvements, though nothing I could tell.

RE: yuv capture, until someone writes a patch, you can do it yourself using something like exescope, or post an email address. It really is just a matter of turning something already there on. And the vacp16.dll in the windows\system folder is interchangeable with older versions as well as the leaked beta, so there's another solution for ya.

I believe that yuv capture was something promised for those using win2k, but don't know for a fact that ever materialized.

FWIW, the leaked beta tools are more advanced, and IMO a fair improvement, although they are unfinished, and personally I don't care as much for the simplified controls. You might also notice increased compatibility problems, ie: you might have to retool ulead32.ini if you run a ulead editor and so on.

On the down side, I personally feel the vcap16.dll included with the beta setup suffers from the same color problems as the 1.54 tools, so while it does offer yuv capture, I think the beta version of this file is inferior to 1.55.

If you're currious about more detail, see my reply in the "New drivers, Win98, 6.28 drivers, opinion with Marvel G400" thread.

If you're running other then win9x-ME, sorry, can't help ya.

mikie

Comment

Working...
    X