Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -= DivX problem :< -=

Halloha..
    I've already done this but let's do it again.
    I have Matrox Millennium G400 350MHz and 128RAM.
    Few days ago I installed DivX 4 Beta 2 because 3.11 alpha did not work well, ALL of my movies did not run smootly.
    Now this divx codec works well, its just some of my movies are out of sync, or some of them are actually jumpin.
    Frequency, the mexican and so on works good, but hannibal, scary movie doesn't.
    any idea why?
    strife.

strife@EFnet

Try using beta 3, which was just released.

Download free DivX Software to play, convert and cast video including DivX, AVI, MKV and HEVC files up to 4K. Play AVI and convert to MP4!

Comment

Hi.

I already tried beta 3 and it did not work. ;/

Comment

It could be that the movies which tend to lose synch have some corrupted frames in them that confuse the decoder, it is also possible that you don't have enough CPU power to keep up with the newer decoder.

I believe 3.11 alpha has lower requirements than the newer divx codec, can anyone confirm this? You may want to try going back to 3.11 but manually set the quality down a few notches which should give you smooth and synched playback. If you already tried that with then you may be out of luck.

Comment

What player are you using? Sometimes movies just won't play well in Media Player. Use either The Playa or BSPlayer (do a search on google for that).
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Hello.

I've been tryin using 3.11 alpha and with this codec it just jumps, really jumping.
            and I tried using GDivX and SubViewer, no success..
            I'll try play it on my brother's 1.4AMD, hope it won't work there too.
            strife
            #eternity@EFnet

Comment

Working...
            X