Leaked driver question (W2k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked driver question (W2k)

I have installed the official Win2k driver and videotools for my Marvel G200, plus the "leaked" RRICM.DLL as described by T-rex.

While this allows me to capture MJPG, there's no YUY2 option. RGB is out of the question because it doesn't offer a PAL compatible resolution with 576 lines, 480 is the maximum....

Is there any other set of videotools/DLL's that allows YUY2 capture at full PAL resolution?
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Can you output MJPEG back thru the G200 Marvel BOB as analog output?

Can you actually do MJPEG captures and playback without it crashing or locking up?

If so you've got mucher further along than I.

--wally.

Comment

To Flying Dutchman
      Are you using the files (for the capture the most important is rrvcap32.dll ) that I've put online ? YUY2 should be available... (I'm using a G400...)

P.S. Can I insert your YUY2 Patch in the Download Section of my website ?

To wkulecz
      Under Win2K Mjpeg Output works only: (also with Videotools 2.02..)
      1. If Dualhead DVDMax is Enabled (only G400)
      2. Using Dualhead Clone, or using G200 TV-Out feature (you have to resize manually the video to full-screen...
      T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
      Italian Editing Video Forum

Comment

I think there is some confusion as the G200 never really had a good name for MJPEG out the BOB. Basically if you played back using the hardware assisted dmb1 MJPEG codec analog video also automatically played on the analog outputs.

TV out enables the display of the desktop to the analog output and is not really very useful as the controls for centering and H and V size don't generally have enough range of adjusment for fullscreen video playback to record correctly.

The G400 generalized the MJPEG analog output so anything that displays in overlay mode goes full screen to the analog out.

--wally.

Comment

As stated before i'm using a Marvel G400.

In Windows 98/Me also if Dualhead DvdMax is disabled, Mjpeg video go full-screen on TV-out (like Marvel G200..).

In Windows 2000, this doesn't happen...

I know that tv-out mode isn't the best solution, but actually it is the only one available for Marvel G200 users that want to use Win2k

Comment

@t-rex: Sure, the YUY2 patch is public domain. Mail me if you want the source too. It won't work under Win2k though.

Does anybody know where I can get the "macrovision-free"
            DLL'S ?

Comment

FD,

I've got the 1.52 and 1.54 MV free's hosted on the site. Someone did say a while back that it's an easy hack, but didn't go into any details. And since I'm a klutz on windows programming, I haven't pursued it. If anyone could give me a definitive "how to" then I'd be prepared to host alternaives for all versions (which obviously gets more interesting when trying to incorporate MV-free AND YUY enabled tool sets).

Alternatively, I'll be happy to post either full driver versions (cracked) or methods for folks to do their own.

You probably know the address by now.....

Chris
              (T_I)

Comment

Repost:

In this old thread you can find how to remove Macrovision.. (the author is cods )

Change bold values in the following files with a hex editor....

RRAPI.DLL
                ---------
                00 00 85 C0 75 13 83 7D 94 00 74
                becomes
                00 00 85 C0 EB 13 83 7D 94 00 74

VCAP16.DLL
                ----------
                83 7E EE 00 75 06 83 7E F0
                becomes
                83 7E EE 00 90 90 83 7E F0

A freeware Hex editor is XVI32 that you can download here: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delp...32.htm#download . It allows to search Hex strings and so is easy to find the value that you have to change..

This "patch" works only with Win9x/Me Videotools
                Last edited by T-rex; 8 August 2001, 23:17.

Comment

Er, guys, I was referring to Windows 2000, not 9x !!!
                  Are there any MV-free DLL's for win2000?

Comment

Hi Flying Dutchman,

In answer to your first question

I am using the full leaked drivers set and have the option of capturing yuy2 in the pcvcr .

The only option is to capture full frame but I think thats what you want

Comment

Hi Andy,

is that a G200 you're using?

Comment

Yep

Pal uk G200 Marvel tv

Comment

also the drivers are available on MURC Video tools

Comment

Marvel G200, YUY2 & Win2K - To Andy W

Hi Andy W and everybody on this thread...

I just want to ask you a question about Marvel G200, YUY2 & Win2K ...

I have just installed the "leaked" VT + Drivers downloaded from the MURC's Video Tools section but... I have no YUY2 option enabled in the capture panel of AVI_IO nor other capture application, including PC-VCR...

I wonder how comes you have those options enabled! Lucky you, but please, can you tell me EXACTLY where you got those leaked drivers?

I have an italian PAL Marvel G200 TV, and installed in italian language all the software...

Also, while the filename of VT says it's V 2.04.005, when I ask for more information in the "Applications" control panel (the one used to deinstall application), the pop-up-box says it's V2.04.0003...

I would be much grateful if I can get some clue to this mess' solution... I just want YUY2 and be happy! :-)

thanks a lot in advance

Can you check yours, please?

Cheers! Joe Daring

Comment

Hi forumers...

Just an update to my msg above:

Remember I have a PAL marvel G200 TV (Tuner was added later),
                              and that I was trying to make it work in W2K, possibly with YUY2 capture capabilities.

Well, I tried to install the leaked drivers after having installed the official ones, and I wasn't able to see any YUY2 option showing in PC-Vcr, nor in AVI_IO (3.19 trial). After several trials, I eventually screwed-up the registry (trying to clean it up from any reference at matrox's stuff), and could not get the VT installation to work anymore (complaining about not being able to access 1040.something file).

So I decided to do a clean re-install of my system and started with everything fresh today. I also installed the English version of the leaked VT, instead of the Italian version I used to install previously.

Surprise! PC-Vcr has now MJPeg & YUY2 option available, with YUY2 only at full frame size, as reported by Andy W.

Beside this, when I started AVI_IO the first times, in the VidCap setup panel, no YUY2 option was shown, and there was a blank space between the three RGB options and the MJPEG one... BUT NO ONE OF THESE FOUR OPTION WAS CHECKED, AND WHEN i TRIED TO OPEN THE SETUP PANEL WITHOUT CHECKING ANYTHING, THE YUY2 SETUP OPTIONS POPPED-UP WITH SOME DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS AVAILABLE!!!

I did just a quick capture with this set-up, and it worked, even if my system didn't keep the pace with full YUY2 frame size...

Afterwards, I selected MJPEG and tried to capture some footage: everything was fine, but now... I CANNOT SWITCH BACK IN YUY2 MODE IN THE VIDCAP PANEL! OK, I know there's no button for YUY2, I said this myself ;-) but I hoped that setting YUY2 in the PC-Vcr panel (Yes, the option is still there and it works, even if the whole PC-Vcr is very unstable) would have set YUY2 for VidCap back into operation.

I've given a peek to the registry and I can see a "Colormode" setting which changes when I change options in PC-Vcr or in the Vidcap driver, but setting it to "YUY2" has no effect: MJPEG shows selected in the VidCap Panel!

Anybody has any sensible comment on this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, a couple more questions:

1- Does anybody have the "Station" menu in AVI_IO working? Mine is greyed out, but switching to TV as an input works, and I can even change channels! Does this means that AVI_IO doesn't support TV mode of the Matrox cards?

2- I have an UDMA-66 disk drive... what speed should I expect from it? MatroxHDBenchMark rates it slightly more than 10Mb/sec... is that roughly correct, or should I expect something better?

As usual, thanks to everybody willing to reply/comment!

Best regards and have a great weekend, folks!

Joe Daring, Italy

Comment

Working...
                              X