Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV OUTPUT Display Problems

Hi!

When I output video to my TV or my VCR, the video never fits on the screen... There is always a half inch at the top and a half inch on the left side of the screen that is just black.

Even when I view my desktop on my TV, I see this black frame there.... The video out is not fitting to the size of the TV properly. Is there any way to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

David Pritchett

Which video card do you use, what TV standard (NTSC in North America, PAL elsewhere), and, out of curiosity, what kind of TV?

Comment

Oops, sorry for not including this info.

I have a Matrox Marvel G200 8 meg (it's the euro card though, so it didn't come with a TV tuner)

I am in North America (canada).. I am using the NTSC setting for output, however. So, that should be ok.

I am outputting it to an old commodore 64 monitor But, I've tried a number of regular TVs as well, so that's not the problem.

Comment

I must admit, this is one of the first times, if not THE first time, someone has ever mentioned black borders on their TV. Most of the time, they complain about it being on their monitors.

Let's see... What version of Video Tools are you using? What version of PowerDesk are you using? (look at the readme files if you're not sure where to find this info)

Describe the video you're testing with, e.g. source, format, how/if you recorded it, etc.

What connection are you using to your TV's?

Is the BOB's connection on the back plugged in all the way? (highly unlikely, but it's nice to check)

What kind of computer do you have? Did you build it yourself? Are you using an AGP or PCI slot?

This one may be a stumper, 'cuz I've never read about it before... in the end, you may have a faulty card. In the meantime, I'll search the archives....

Comment

Yo, try the topic <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001418.html">TV-Resizing</a> and see what happens.

Comment

Are those Videos compressed in Matrox MJPEG, or have you used some other codec, or are they MPEG:s

Pertti

Comment

I noticed that my tv doesn't show everything I see on my monitor..

Comment

I noticed that my tv doesn't show everything I see on my monitor..

Comment

Jakub,

That is normal, unless you are using a "Full Screen" TV.

If you watch a TV program with the Marvel at the same time you are looking at it from your TV, you will see more with the Marvel.

Pertti

Comment

Working...
                  X