Huff capture won't play in WinMP 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huff capture won't play in WinMP 7

It's installed and works in MSP6. It just won't playback in MP. I even tried the RGB output option. It used to play in MP6.4.

Any ideas?
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Yes, uninstall WMP7 - it sucks...!

Sorry, probably not the answer you were after, but I couldn't resist.

Seriously though... What OS are you using? And why on earth do you want to use MSP7?

Comment

HuffYUV is for edit but not for playback.
      Doc has a good explanation here, at the forum, but don't remember the thread. Search
      Converting to other format (PIC Video, mpeg2 etc) is the way to go.

Fred H
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

HuffYUV is for capture and lossless editing only, not for playback. The author has confirmed that the playback decoder is far less efficient than the encoder.

It's main utility is producing high quality source files for creating streaming media or MPEG.

I agree with Rob100. MediaPlayer 7 totally and fully sucks. Degrade to WMP 6.4 if you want to keep your sanity.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, not exactly what I was looking for. But I have noticed that there is a generally high level of suckiness exhibied by MP7. God is that thing slow or what?

What happened was I had the same build of Win98SE on my system for quite some time and needed to rebuild, just way too much junk to uninstall. So I decided to downgrade to WinME to check it out. I actually still have a HD with Win98Se on it, just quicker to swap it in there. I have to admit that I like some of the features, especially for portable USB devices in WinME, like the disconnect option, but performance wise it is just one leaky bugar.

I'll probably just try to install Win2000 when I get a chance later this week.

One more question, do the new Marvel drivers support YUY2 in win2000. I know that Haig said that they would on the Tech forum.
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Yes the "final" Win2k drivers support YUY2 and capture is great.

Comment

How about the hack for MJPEG (HW) capture? Will it work with the YUY2 option of the new drivers (in conjunction)?

Thanks

Comment

Haven't used the MJPEG hack myself. Always use huffy or picvideo and YUY2.

Comment

Same here. A big plus is that with any kind of modern CPU PICVideo is faster than Matrox's codec and can do higher bitrates to boot. I get 5+ mb/s at Q=20, depending on the source.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                  X