Marvel G400 capturing sound ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 capturing sound ?

Does the Marvel G400 have the ability to capture sound as well, or does it rely on the soundcard for that ? Has anyone experienced audio sync problems in large captures ?

It uses the Sc. If you do a little (maybe a lot) oif searching I'm sure that you will find a few posts with sync problems. It is usually due to either apps in the background or resource hog SC's like the SB Live or equivalent.

I've never had any A/V sync problems for 2+ years with the Marvel. Of course I ust upgraded to Win2k last night so we'll see.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I have the SB Live 5.1 . Do you think that it will create sync problems ?

Comment

I would say that the possibility does present itself, but I have heard more about dropped frames with the SBLive than A/V sync issues. From what I understand if you want to optimize your system for capturing and editing with the SBLIve you need to make sure of a few things first:

1. Make sure that the SBLive and your Marvel do not share IRQs with any devices.

2. Disable or remove the SB Pro DOS drivers. You do not need this 99% of the time (only for old MS-DOS games) and they just suck up resources.

3. Make 100% sure that you have only the absolute necessary applications running during capture. No AntiVirus, no mail scanning, Task Monitor, only what is needed to boot ususally.

4. Try to capture to a seperate HD on a seperate controller.

5. Use a 3rd party capture app like avi_io. It does wonders for the G400, like maintaining A/V sync, framerate and breaks up the files into 2G sizes for extended captures.

These tips apply for almost all systems, there is no "secret" each one makes sense in most cases. Eliminate conflicts and bottlenecks and you have a better chance at succeeding.
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Thx for the advice.

Comment

Working...
          X