Wrong Signal Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Signal Detected

My TV Tuner for the RR-G detected wrong signal. Although I set everything to PAL, the TV tuner still gives me NTSC image and ended with fuzzy black & white picture. I try using the quick connect and said "No" in the first screen, it ask me to make sure the country I selected is correct. So I select Singapore again and it said the tuner I have does not support this setting. I bought the RR-G in my country. I've uninstall the VT many times and even use PDuninstall to remove everything and reinstall back. No help.

When I try to capture TV signal from MSP5, it is also the same bad picture. Although the default is PAL, when I change to NTSC, it accepted, but I can't change back to PAL with msg like video source unstable (I think). I've connect the antenna to TV and the picture is perfect. Does anyone have this problem before?

Updating......Can anybody pls help me?

Comment

Is there such thing as PAL & NTSC version of RR-G TV-tuner? Or all RR-G TV-tunner can get PAL & NTSC channels?

Comment

There are 3 different variations of tuner (I think) - one for UK, one for Europe (both these are PAL variants) and NTSC for North America.

I don't know which would be the correct version for SE Asia, or whether there are different local PAL standards there.

The tuner is NOT cross-standard, it can only be used to tune to the standard it was supplied for.

Comment

So how do we tel what version we have? My card has the model "GS/RRUPG/N". Does the "N" at the end means NTSC? In my country, we use PAL. So that means the shop sells me the wrong version?

Comment

Sorry, this is one for the experts - My packaging isn't siting on my shelf, so either it's gone period, or it's residing in the depths of my garage (along with the snoring demons of old rugby boots and dead lawnmowers)

Haig/Olliver, can you give us a rundown on G-RR suffixes and geographical locations ?

Comment

Working...
            X