Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G400-TV: How to adjust white balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400-TV: How to adjust white balance?

The white balance of my G400-TV is awful-- I can barely watch TV, let alone capture of any type.

How can I correct it? No avail with PC-VCR or driver controls-- maybe through some 3rd party software? If so, what is it?

I use 6.28 driver and latest VT.
    (Ignore this babble if you don't know Detective Conan.)

I think I'd call all tri-headed cards "Hirokians", since... Hiroki Sawada definitively Tri-head!

So we have...
    Matrox Parhelia <em>Hirokia</em> and
    Matrox Millenium P750 <em>Hirokia</em>!

(But when can I REALLY have either of them? That's the question...)

Are you talking on the monitor or with a TV using the vidout?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Are you talking on the monitor or with a TV using the vidout?

Dr. Mordrid
      I was watching TV on the monitor, which otherwise has no problems.

I think I'd call all tri-headed cards "Hirokians", since... Hiroki Sawada definitively Tri-head!

So we have...

Comment

Is your display set to High color 16 bit?
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Monitors and TV's use different color systems. Monitors expect a 24 bit image withi 256 levels per color channel. Because of this colors displayed on a monitor can be fully saturated and bright.

Video only uses about 204 levels/channel, which causes the colors to look flat by comparison to the rest of the screen.

limit also applies to white, the intensity of which is limited to 204/204/204 RGB instead of 256. This makes it look gray.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Sciascia
            Is your display set to High color 16 bit?
            Yes. It seemed better when it was turned to 32 bit true colour.

So we have...

Comment

Monitors and TV's use different color systems. Monitors expect a 24 bit image withi 256 levels per color channel. Because of this colors displayed on a monitor can be fully saturated and bright.

Video only uses about 204 levels/channel, which causes the colors to look flat by comparison to the rest of the screen.

limit also applies to white, the intensity of which is limited to 204/204/204 RGB instead of 256. This makes it look gray.

Dr. Mordrid
              ... I think the problem is the output seemed too "white", as some did posted before", but I don't know the solution. I canged the color setting to 32-bit it it seemed better, but objects near a white object seemed also to be whitetened. The problem is still there...

So we have...

Comment

Originally posted by conanian

... I think the problem is the output seemed too "white", as some did posted before", but I don't know the solution. I canged the color setting to 32-bit it it seemed better, but objects near a white object seemed also to be whitetened. The problem is still there...
                I post up a screenshot regarding this. Normally (on my TV), the boundary of the face and the background is still clear. But it seemed you can't see any now.
                Attached Files

So we have...

Comment

Wow...on a photo I'd call that solarization.

Very strange.....lemme think about that one. Sometnings way off. Perhaps the saturation or some other setting is off in PC-VCR.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Wow...on a photo I'd call that solarization.

Very strange.....lemme think about that one. Sometnings way off. Perhaps the saturation or some other setting is off in PC-VCR.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Tuning saturation do not do any bit...

You began to think it's not the problem of the card?

So we have...

Comment

It could be that the video signal itself is too high, i.e. unterminated (75 ohms). If the IRE level is too high then it may look like this. Is the video from the built in tuner or from an input video source?
                      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Originally posted by Sciascia
                        Is the video from the built in tuner or from an input video source?
                        From the tuner.

So we have...

Comment

Ok...then the next logical question is;

do you have a distribution amplifier in your cable/antenna lines?

If so it may be over driving the tuner. The fix would be an attenuator in the line. A couple of bux at Radio Shack.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Another thing it could be is the default video system is set wrong, like instead of NTSC it's SECAM or PAL or vice versa.

Just throwing out ideas.

Comment

Working...
                            X