Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to put .mpg to VCR with G-200Marvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put .mpg to VCR with G-200Marvel...

with the best resolution, framing etc.... nearly like the original???? What
    are the setups, tricks and procedure........

Merci!!

"OO"
    celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Are you trying to output an mpg that is on your computer to a VCR to record? Or are you trying to record from a VCR to an mpg file on your computer (capture video)?

Just trying to clarify, nothing personal
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Oui sorry.It could have been confusing......
      I have a .mpg on my HD that I want to record on my VCR, the best way I can......

"OO"
      celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Comment

I ma not sure about all of the settings for the G200, but with the G400 the best way that I can think of is to hgook your VCR up to your Break out Box and play the file in WIn Media Player. It should go out to the VCR using the DVD Max option.

Some things to consider:

Is the mpeg MPEG1 or MPEG2?
        If it is MPEG2 then set the DVDMax propeties to enable field based scaling. This will allow the output to be interlaced. It will be smoother especially in motion scenes.

What resolution is the MPEG?

If it is standard 4:3 ratio then it should be ok, but if it is 16:9 (letterboxed then you may have to play with the aspect ratio settings to make it look right. Just set it to what looks good.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot. I suggested Media Player because it is a fairly small program that should keep you from getting any jumpiness or stuttering.

Best thing that you can do is look at it on a TV monitor first and set it to what looks the best to you.

Hope this helps!
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Is there a trick/hack to accomplish this? My past efforts to output mpegs to VCR using my Marvel G200 failed, I.E. no video output to the VCR.

My understanding at the time was that this is an inherent limitation of the G200.

If this is indeed possible, what are the precise settings?

Kevin

Comment

AFAIK you cannot *directly* output MPEG to the G200's vidout. This kind of thing is DualHead turf. Now...that doesn't mean there isn't a way to do it, it's just not as simple as using DualHead

What is the frame size of this MPEG? Do you have MSPro? If not what editor DO you have?

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

In fact, my experience is that I had to check the "tv output" in the Card config but then, the image size changed and was smaller (can see a black contour)..... and no sounds..... But i was able to record it to my VCR.. Quality was mediocre, too dark...
              I can use Avid Cinema and Adobe Premiere 5 or 6... The mpg I have seems to be like the original because it has 596mo for 59 minutes of film...

Merci to all!!

"OO"

ps: BTW, it is very simple to record from the VCR to the HD so why isn't it true for the opposite then???Oo? Mystery.....
              Last edited by Luco; 30 August 2001, 03:54.

Comment

Working...
              X