Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final MSP6 ulead32.ini settings ?

hi,
    after reading all the post regarding MSP6 and ulead32.ini settings, i have the same problem: or "Multiple File Playback Error" or the movie is jerky....
    Where i can find the final settings to use MSP6 at best ?
    Thaks

My PC
    Cel500@624 (tried 500/562 but same problem)
    G400 Dh 32MB
    MB P2B
    128 MB Ram
    Hd IBM 13.5 GB 7200 rpm / SAMSUNG 8.4 GB 5400 rpm

Andrea,

Did you read this one ? http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003391.html

Pertti

Comment

Hi,
      if i use these setting in ulead32.ini

[Playback]
      PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
      PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
      PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll

[HardwareACC]
      NotSaveOpenDML=1
      ;RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
      DisableAcc1=0
      HwCodecID=dmb1
      ;AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1
      DirectAccessDVAudio=1

i can see the movie but jerky
      but if i use these other settings

[Playback]
      RenderAudio=1
      PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

[HardwareACC]
      NotSaveOpenDML=1
      ;RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
      DisableAcc1=0
      HwCodecID=dmb1
      ;AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1
      DirectAccessDVAudio=1

i have the error "Multiple File Playback...etc"
      I think that my HD is able to play this movie clearly because i can see it good when using PC-VCR Remote but i can't put any audio or effects.......

Thanks in advance

Comment

Andrea,

Under [Playback], these:
        RenderAudio=1
        PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

Should be there in addition to the settings that are there already, ie:
        PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
        PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
        PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll

Check that the MSDOS name of the directory containing the MCLPlugin.dll (the directory where you have installed the VideoTools), is actually "C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\", and not ".\MATROX~2\" or anything else for that matter.
        (right click on the directory name in Windows Explorer, and choose properties)

Have you checked, that your project settings match the properties of your clips ?

Pertti

Comment

Hi,
          After putting your settings discovered that i had a file that didn't match with my project and now, thank to you, is allright !!!!!!!!

Thanks to you Pertti and the existing of MURC and Forums !!!!!

Comment

When you say project settings and capture settings must match, does this include the compression ratio/quality settings, too? I am trying to decide what quality settings are best for me, and I made a project with clips captured with identical frame rate and resolution, but different MJPEG quality settings. After making the ulead32.ini changes, now all I get is the "Multiple File Playback Error", and it didn't solve the Source window going black when it should be showing a still frame. So do ALL the settings have to match EXACTLY or just some?

I uninstalled and went back to Avid, which I'm gaining new respect for - its easy to use and works right with no hassle.

I'd hate to think I wasted my money on MSP6. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give it another try, since the one thing I really wanted, that is to surpass 2 Gig with OpenDML, is unusable... I'm starting to need convincing that there is any advantage.

------------------
            Jeffrey Blankenship
            Jeffrey Blankenship

Comment

Jeffrey,

All the settings must match.
              Although living in PAL country with EXACTLY 25fps video , the program ignores the small deviations in decimals, this could be different in countries that haven't learned about exact numbers yet

Pertti

Comment

Hi, i think my experience should be useful to other users......

I had a little movie (the presentation of my movies with my logo) that had differents settings and in MSP6 I had "Multiple File Playback...".
                I have solved my ploblem using Premiere 5.1 to conver the file with the settings like other movies and put it with them in the MSP6 timeline to record to VCR with Preview.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I too, having downloaded the MSP6 trial got the “Multiple File Error”, so I uninstalled it.
                  Now after installing my new G400TV (green lines version) and reinstalling MSP6 I find that everything is working OK.

However, I found no reference to the cutlist playback in my ulead32 ini file! And everything was working OK.

After having perused my original MsPro5.2 ini file, found the relevant cutlist info, inserted it and got the “multi file error” The Readme file from Ulead gave me the answer and it is to insert
                  [Playback]
                  PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~2\MCLPlugin.dll
                  RenderAudio=1
                  into the ini file.

This enables multi-file playback, but renders the audio first. But if you remove both from the ini file the timeline playback is instant!

I’m confused and probably shouldn’t ask, but can anybody tell me why this is?

In simple terms please!!!!

Thanks,

Nick.

Comment

Working...
                  X