X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULEAD & REAL TIME Video Editing

Okay People. Here's my big question for Ulead Systems engineers:

WHEN WILL WE SEE A REAL TIME PRODUCT?

Hear us. We need real time. And it can't be fake real time like at least one hardware product on the market right now seems to be.

We want REAL real time. Okay? How hard is that to understand? We want to be able to scrub from our Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6 timeline out to an external monitor AND SEE HOW THE TRANSITION EFFECT OR TITLE EFFECT WILL APPEAR!! DUAL STREAM---YES.

I will now point to Ulead's Asia Web Site:

http://www.uleadasia.com/msp/new.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page and read the following:

EXPANDABILITY

C-CubeĀ® MPEG-2 dual-stream support

Provides the SDK to develop the plug-ins supporting real-time features for specified capture cards

Open Capture Plug-in Architecture

Allows third parties to write their own capturing engines to exploit their hardware capability

Okay. So this means two things:

1. There IS support for boards based on the C-Cube chips that will allow for capture from Ulead Video Capture.

2. (And this is more important.) There IS an SDK available that will allow for REAL TIME dual stream support for boards based on the C-Cube chips.

PLEASE ULEAD: LET'S SEE SUCH A PRODUCT!!!

Jerry

Speed is hardware-limited more than software. If you want supercomputer performance, buy a supercomputer and not a PC!

Seriously, I think you will find the thread http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003539.html interesting and relevant. The interlocutor mentioned therein does real-time NLE on raw, uncompressed signals but I didn't ask him which software he used. After all, all the signals we use pass by a codec of some sort or other and this slows things down.

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi Jerrold,

Check this post on the Unoffical RT2000 forum

Just for fun I loaded Media Studio 6.0 and I was suprised when it would control my Sony Digital 8. I captured with it then placed the video in the timeline. I then created a movie with the RT2000 codec. I has all the same RT codec choices we have in Premiere. Except for the Transitions (it had to render those - very fast though) it was RT.

This is the first time I've used Media Studio so be forwarned. The first thing I tried was setting the 1394. I chose the TI drivers. I was able to control my Sony TRV-310 through the capture utility. After I put the video on the timeline I tried a few transitions. I thought the render time was good. I then saved the video. It was then that I chose the Matrox DV codec. I saved the file and tested it. It worked great. What kind of specifics would you like to know.

So you see there's progress

Cheers,
      Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 09 April 2000).]

Comment

Interesting, Elie.

Can you provide the link to the "unofficial" RT2000 Web Forum?

Comment

Here you go Jerrold,

http://members.boardhost.com/mainstreet/

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

Thanks, Elie!

Comment

Brian,

I read the thread you referenced and I'm sorry, but I laughed.

SDI is Serial Digital Interface.

This has been around from some time in the very high-end equipment.

DV MAGAZINE also reviewed about a half dozen boards that have SDI connectors, but many of them---Toaster NT for example---can only work in uncompressed format.

The fact is: MiniDV is now outselling analog by a wide margin in Japan and has been for several months. The trend in the U.S. is the same.

I don't see DV or IEEE 1394 going away anytime soon.

If anything... it's on the upswing.

I would bet IEEE 1394 will migrate upward into the professional gear before SDI migrates downward into semi-professional gear.

Panasonic... let's face... completely missed the boat where Firewire was concerned.

We're already starting to see professional-level DV format cameras, such as the JVC DV500 profiled in the latest (May) issue of DV Magazine, equipped with 1394 connectors.

Comment

Jerrold,

"We want REAL real time. Okay? How hard is that to understand? We want to be able to scrub from our Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6 timeline out to an external monitor AND SEE HOW THE TRANSITION EFFECT OR TITLE EFFECT WILL APPEAR!! DUAL STREAM---YES."

If that is all you want, why not get yourself a MarvelG400 or RRG and you have it (I think this was possible even with MSP2.5+RRS, but MSP5.2 does it for sure with a Marvel)

Pertti

Comment

REAL TIME "DV" ... I should've clarified.

I don't use analog boards anymore.

Comment

Oh great. Now even Apple Final Cut Pro users have a Real Time system...
                    ...thanks to... Matrox??? To odd to be true, you think? Guess again.

Read all about it:

http://www.creativemac.com/HTM/News/...pplematrox.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X