FD Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD Patch

I tried it on vtools 2.04.015 (official) and Mjpg button appear.
    But lookin at frame rate (5000+ KB/s @352 x 288)and size of captured file it seems to be YUY2 still.
    Why this?
    Asus A7M266-D
    AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
    DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
    Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
    OHCI 1394 controller
    Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
    HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
    HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
    Windows XP Pro

Sergio,

on my system, the MJPEG selection with FD's tool on "Official" release, yelds a datarate around 2900, which seems to be fair for MJPEG...

Saluti

Joe Daring

Comment

I had similar problem with the patch. Load the file into VirtualDub and you will see it's not Matrox MJEG (dmb1). Infact my system was never the same since trying the patch. My DVDMax was screwed for some reason and in the end I trashed existing Win2k install and started again from scratch...

Comment

Videotools "official release" doesn't come with a mjpg DEcoder, you must install one yourself, and associate "dmb1" with that decoder, such as Picvideo, Morgan or Mainconcept.

You can do that with the latest version of my YUY2 patch.
        AFAIK, there are still freeware/shareware decoders around.
        Alternatively, you can install the appropriate DLL's from previous videotools versions.

Anyway, it works like a charm for me. When I load the AVI file into virtualdub, it is decoded by Picvideo. Bitrates around 3 megs/second.

The "leaked" videotools, and also the older version 2.0217, DO come with the MJPG decoder and save you the trouble.

@sergio: I have only tried full-size MJPG myself. I'll check it out.
        Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

FD,

I was referring to this problem with MJpeg, when I asked you if I should apply ANYWAY the last part of T-Rex's tricks to make the system recognize the produced files as Matrox MJpeg files and decode them with the Matrox's Hardware encoder... sorry if I was a bit foggy...

Of course, no need of any trick whatsoever when using MJpeg soft encoders... just the need to install them correctly and assign them with your tool.

BTW, will you post to the forum further developments of you gem?

We all hope so, I guess!

As for the busmastering disable option... it's my opinion of course, but it's already in the standard PD control panel, so why do you want to add that?

And, give credit when due, if my memory serves me well, The Mighty Dr. Mordrid was suggesting Busmatering OFF in PD control panel and PCI LATENCY = 32 in the bios.

So thanks to the Doctor!

Ciao everybody!

JoeDaring

Comment

You are absolutely right, of course, but who has all the tweaks and tricks in his head?

So it would be practical to put the essential ones in one place.
            In the (soon) following update of the patch program I've put a notice in the dialog, recommending that users disable busmastering.

I also consider distributing the essential (leaked) DLL's, but i'm unsure whether that's legal or not.

Comment

before I forget it, assigning a codec to "dmb1" doesn't change anything in the way hardware MJPG is captured.

It is not captured /recompressed through the software codec, but by the Matrox hardware. The codec is only needed for playback and decompression!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying dutchman
                before I forget it, assigning a codec to "dmb1" doesn't change anything in the way hardware MJPG is captured.

It is not captured /recompressed through the software codec, but by the Matrox hardware. The codec is only needed for playback and decompression!
                So, the soft codec shoul not affect captured file. Right?
                If it's so why my captured files have exactly YUY2 frame size and bitrate?
                I have Morgan also in my win 2000 system.
                Asus A7M266-D
                AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
                DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
                Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
                OHCI 1394 controller
                Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
                HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
                HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
                Windows XP Pro

Comment

Hi Sergio,

Dunno, but you have a G400, right? maybe it behaves differently?

Comment

Working...
                  X