Alternative Software for the G400TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Software for the G400TV

What alternative capture/editing software is available for use with the Matrox G400-TV? Or am I stuck with Avid Cinema? WHat about Adobe Premiere or Sonic Foundry Vegas 2.0? Are these viable options?
    "The best things in life are free."

Take a look at Ulead Media Studio Pro (MSP) or Ulead Video Studio (VS). MSP is a very popular package with Marvel owners. It has a lot of bang for the buck. VS is also a very good package, but is not as complete as MSP.

Comment

Ulead MSP6 is the way to go at the moment. They are coming out with MSP 6.5 soon so the price has dropped a lot. They also have good upgrade policies and discounts. It works extremely well with the G400. uch better than Premiere or anything else out there. It utilizes the DVDMax feature nicely and is a very powerful tool. MSP 6.5 sounds interesting if you can wait and have the money.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Alternative Software for the G400TV

Thanks for the info. Is Ulead software available at the local stores, ie. CompUsa or Circuit City? If so, maybe today I'll be shopping.

Comment

CompUSA usually carries the cheaper Ulead products, but MSPro as a boxed product is a bit more expensive. I'd go for an online source.

IF you can scrounge up a copy of MediaStudio VE, which is bundled with a lot of cheap OHCI DV cards, you can get it quite a bit cheaper than the full boxed version from the Ulead website. They are bigtime into reasonably priced updates, even from their value editions.

MSPro 6.5 is just too cool. I started betaing it in April. It's got a LOT of nice features and it runs very nicely in Win2K.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As far as MSP 6.5 upgrade is concerned:

I already have the full version of MSP 6 on my system. After looking over the difference chart between the 2 I am wondering if I would be as well off just getting the DVD Plugin to add to my current version.

The only thing that really stood out was the updated CPU support of 6.5. Or am I missing something?

Wouldn't be the first time
            Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Avid Cinema and QT4

Mike,
              Since you talk of using Avid Cinema if you still use it, you have probably noticed that if you have had Quicktime 4 installed, Avid will not install unless you remove it, and install QT3. I found a patch for it that enables you to use the latest Quicktime with it, without it complaining that it requires QT 3 only to run, and won't allow you to use it with any later version, such as QT4.

On your Avid Cinema setup CD, look in explorer in the contents of the CD, and you should find a "Support tools" folder. In there, is a registry file called "disableQTmessage" or something similar, and has a readme file with it, explaining it. If you install the .reg file by clicking on it (or right clicking on it and select install), you can then install any QT, and Avid still runs perfectly. Good for those other progs you might have that need QT4 installed.

Graham

Comment

Thanks for all the info from all. How do you go about becoming a beta tester? Just thought I'd ask. Again thanks. I will try for Ulead Media Studio 6.0 if I can find it.

Comment

IM_Riktar

There's a load more than just P4 CPU support in 6.5 LOTS.

Here's the link to a free tutorial supplement that explains a lot of the differences & updates, but not all of 'em;

I agree that Ulead does a middling job of documenting & explaining them on their site.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the link. Looks like my plans for getting off cheap have been thwarted.

Here I was all set to convince myself how to save 60 bucks. Ah well bologna sandwiches don't taste that bad.
                    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X