Suggestions for Video Titling Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Video Titling Program

I would appreciate some suggestion for a video title creation program. I currently use Ulead CG Infinity, and while it is very versatile, I am not completely happy with some of the results. For example, when I zoom a xharacter string making it larger, the edges are somewhat ragged. Suggestions anyone?
    Intel Pentium 4-478 @ 2.0 GHz
    Gigabyte 8ITXR mainboard
    512 MB 400 MHz RAMBUS memory
    2xMaxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM in IDE
    2xMaxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM in RAID-0
    Matrox G450-eTV
    Win98SE & Win XP Pro
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Netgear FA311 10/100 NIC
    Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-RAM/R
    Canopus ADVC-100

Boris Red is pretty nice and if you are using Ulead MSP 6 or Premiere it is a plugin. It also does a lot of effects.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Karen

I would have thought that if you generated a character string in a small font and then tried to zoom in on it in any bitmap graphics application, you will inevitably have the jaggies. The secret is to generate the characters in the largest font you will be using and then reduce the size for your starting point (not by changing the font size). Another technique is to reverse the animation, after zooming out.

Brian
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian,

I hadn't thought of that. Before using CG Infinity, I used to create zoom effects using Adobe Photoshop, but that took a *lot* of time though it does produce very clean images. I'll certainly give your suggestion a try! Thanks!
        Intel Pentium 4-478 @ 2.0 GHz
        Gigabyte 8ITXR mainboard
        512 MB 400 MHz RAMBUS memory
        2xMaxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM in IDE
        2xMaxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM in RAID-0
        Matrox G450-eTV
        Win98SE & Win XP Pro
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
        Netgear FA311 10/100 NIC
        Panasonic LF-D311 DVD-RAM/R
        Canopus ADVC-100

Comment

Hi,

Have you tried Ulead Cool3D? I am not sure if the latest version (v3?) comes with MSP6 or not. It is not a full blown titler, but has some impressive features.

Comment

Working...
          X