Best Computer For VideoEditing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Computer For VideoEditing

I want to upgrade my computer, i have a pentium 200 mhz mmx with 96 mb EDO, and a 10gig drive and Mystiq 220 + RR-S.
    I would like a AMD athlon (they are cheap), the 700mhz seems to be worth the money. And 128mb RAM. Im not sure of wich motherboard to get, is there some incompatible problems with some boards (with the mystiq and rr-s)? I've read the Asus K7M is a good motherboard for Athlon. But i would like the Microstar MS-6195 (6! pci slots!) as i would like to keep my mystiq 220 and RR-S (i also have a 3dfx and sound card!).
    Can anyone please recommend me of a good motherboard? Im also a bit confused about bus speeds etc. And how big is the diffrens between a UDMA66 Drive and a "non udma 66" drive.. Links to pages of reviews of complete computer specifications.

You can learn a lot about hard drives and controllers by reading: http://storagereview.com/
    A word of advice - lusting after the fastest drive may leave you unrequited for a while, it takes a long time for the latest thing to be plentiful, at least that was the case for me and my Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 40. And even after getting a killer drive, fragmentation causes more annoyance than I expected it to.

------------------
    Jeffrey Blankenship
    Jeffrey Blankenship

Comment

Working...
    X