Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro6 with DVD plugin - MPEG2 capture question

Hi all,

I'm trying to capture MPEG2 video with Ulead Media Studio Pro 6 (with the DVD plugin) at around 7000 bitrate with my (slightly overclocked) 1.36GHz Athlon. I thought that the processor would be fast enough, and indeed there are no dropped frames reported. The problem is that on playback (on the Hollywood+ card) it looks at though the video was captured progressive, or had been de-interlaced. Since the material I'm capturing is video-based (i.e. movement between fields) this is not a desired effect!

I've tried a range of quality settings but it made no difference, which lead me to think that perhaps MSPro 6.0 doesn't allow for proper interlaced MPEG2 capture? Does anyone know if this is so, or if there's some kind of "hack" I could employ? Would upgrading to 6.5 sort this out?

I hope someone has the time to help me out here, I'm trying to distract myself from crying over the horrors of recent events.

J.O.N.

*whine*

Can nobody help me out?

*pitiful moan*

J.O.N.

Comment

Hi,

I do remember some G450-eTV users having an issue like you described. There was a patch from Matrox made available. However, this only helps G450-eTV users.

If you do not know, there is a 'power patch' for the plug-in from Ulead. It may be possible that patch has a fix in it.

I was not really too happy with capturing direct to MPEG from MSP6. The results looked oodles better when going through the traditional AVI->MPEG route.

I have not installed MSP6.5 yet. I'm not holding out much hope that the MPEG engine has greatly improved.

Comment

Working...
      X