Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DivX and drivers 6.71 for the G400 giving problems in playback!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX and drivers 6.71 for the G400 giving problems in playback!!

I put this one in here one week earlier, but I guess it was deleted as double post. I deleted my post in Matrox Hardware now, and am reposting it. It might help people with the same problem. Especially since when I searched through the forums search engine this problem wouldn't blink up !!
    Hope you leave it here this time This Idiot.

Jord.
    <hr>Since about a week ago, every DivX movie I wanted to play fullscreen got dumped back to a 50% screen after about 10 seconds. I first thought it was Windows Media Player 7.0 taking a crap on me as it might've become corrupted during a crash of my Windows (WinME here, btw).
    So I uninstalled WMP7 and reinstalled WMP6.4 ... which didn't help me, for it had the same problems. Play a DivX clip and after 10 seconds full screen or just in the player, it wouldn't go bigger than a thumbnail picture.

I then uninstalled about every codec I could find that was used in DivX playing, downloaded the new ones from both Microsoft and www.divx.com plus DivXG400 1.81 through to 2.2 and installed those. Only to find out that it didn't help, for I was still looking at a thumbnail size clip after 10 seconds

Think, think... what did I install inbetween 2 weeks ago and now, then? Ah, the G400 6.71 beta drivers. Let's uninstall them and reinstall 6.51 ...

Wham Bam... Got it... I am playing DivX again at full screen !!

Jord

P.S: I now have problems with diagonal 50% screens being shown in the full window, after I paused it. It will flick back to full screen within 10 secoinds, but it is still annoying.
    Last edited by Jorden; 14 September 2001, 16:22.
    Jordâ„¢

Have you tried using The Playa which comes with DivX 4? Also try BSPlayer which you can find through a Google search.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

The Playa

I tried the Playa from Divx, but that one told me that all the files I tried to play couldn't be played with that playa.
      I even tried the Playa with my 6.51 drivers and it still wouldn't play. Sorry

A friend of mine has the BSPlayer, which I haven't tried yet. Will report back with the results on the 6.51 & 6.71 drivers

(Will be somewhere this coming weekend.)

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

try using divfix
        Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates

you can find it there on that site hope it helps
        DFI NFIIUltra 400
        756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
        Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
        Windows XP pro
        msn messenger id: gchisel
        Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Hi Jorden,

Sorry I can't help with the actual problem, but be assured that I didn't delete the post ! I can't remember the last time I did that (if ever) and since I'm of the "Laissez faire" camp it pricks my conciense even to kill a thread unless it is becoming personal.

Must be another explanataion Bro,

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X