No announcement yet.

pops and clicks with g400 marvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because of a change in the Promise cards (all types) when the ATA100 versions came out. Besides moving from a crystal timebase to a PLL (phase lock loop, for more precision) they also made some changes to reduce its latency.

Less latency in a system that also contains a bus hog like the SBLive makes for a reduced likelihood of problems.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

ok, the turtle beach santa cruz resolved the pops and clicks issue. that soundcard rocks you guys! I drove 60miles (the other store was a 40mile drive but out of stock) to the nearest compusa to get the thing too but it was worth it. I only wish they had a little bit better control of the cards audio levels. for instance a 1% increment software slider that also gives the % of channel volume used and the same thing with refined pan control on all channels. thankyou Dr Mordrid for the recommendation and thankyou AndrewDV for the tip on where to buy it. now I need another one for another machine:P thanks and praise to the both of you especially and also anyone else who replied.
      how much is a used sblive retail worth? hehe

oh, how do you set the line input level? should I let the level meter just go into red? should I not let it go to red etc...? I am using the versajack as the line out to a mackie1202vlz mixer. the level meter, which is a very accurate versitile reading of the sound unlike other mixers in its class, reads hardly any signal. in other words, its cranked and reading red on the software mixer, but no equal on the mackie mixer.
      Last edited by Hpar_; 20 September 2001, 14:25.

Comment

Working...
      X