No Hard Drive Benchmark Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hard Drive Benchmark Software?

I just installed my Marvel G400 again after a little work with an RT2000. I installed the latest version of the Video Tools 2.04 for Win2k and I can't find the hard drive testing program. I've been capturing.. but not quite as fast as I'd like to. I heard that after using the hard drive tests it writes to the registry to let the software know the hard drive can write faster. Did I miss the program somewhere? Thanks for the help!

Its no longer part of the suite. The teest originally let you set the bitrate to accomadate your particular HW. If you had a slow HD, then it would reduce it. With newer HD out there, there is no need to really reduce it and since MJPEG is no longer supported in Win2k, it is not needed. If you really want to increase the bitrate or quality of the capture (MJPEG with hack installed first ), then you will have to edit your registry. If you don't have the hack installed it will do nothing fo you.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
    X