Calling Dr. Mordrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Dr. Mordrid

I E-mailed you a question. I later discovered our Mail service was troubled, and some mail may not have been sent. Do you recall receiving an E-mail from me, reference: a new system to go with the RT2500?
    regards
    steve

Start by going to the Matrox hardware compatability pages for the RT-2500 and stick to what's on that list. Why?

1. Matrox and the betas spend a fair amount of time developing that list.

2. there are some mainboards out there that are highly regarded but aren't worth crud for video editing.

Minimum specs:

Mainboards:

Display adapters:

http://www.matrox.com/videoweb/suppo...lay_compat.htm (Matrox G450 recommended for several good reasons)

That said IMHO I'd stick with either an AMD or Intel chipped mainboard. I'm uncomfortable with VIA's even if they are on the list because of the documented flakiness of their chipsets.

As far as an audio card for such a system I'd highy recommend the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. It uses very few resources, interferes not with the RT-2x00 cards and sounds great.

If you do go this route make sure to download the scruz405.zip mixer patch and install it as well as the drivers. This prevents the Santa Cruz's control panel and the RT-2x00's mixer from colliding.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 September 2001, 20:49.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X