NT A/V sync problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT A/V sync problems

From what i read in the release notes, A/V sync problems are only a bug in the w98 video tools and not the NT4 ones. However, i am running NT4 SP6 with 4.35 drivers(on a g400 max) and a rr g series, with video tools version 1.52. The other night i recorded a 1:40 movie. When i played it back, as early as half way through the first 2gb file (9-10 minutes) there were sync problems that were very noticible. the audio was faster than the video, and in the last file, there is no video after the end of the audio, but i had stopped the recording after the point at which the video stops in playback. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any ideas about how to fix it?

Thanks,
    zero

I've really never had much luck with A/V sync under NT 4. The forum's concensus was that the drivers for my Creative Labs PCI64 mess up NT to the point it loses sync. So I've got 98 on to capture until Matrox gets the Win2K VidTools done.

As a side note, I tried capturing something from TV last night (Jailbait), and the avi's had terrible A/V sync even under 98. Under closer inspection, I think its cause I forgot to replace the WDM soundcard driver under 98, but I did get a total of 72 dropped frames durring the entire 1h:15m. Really strange... I dunno. Maybe it was unstable video source.

John

Comment

So i guess i have the same problem as you because i am using a SB Live. The only thing is, how do i know whether or not i am using WDM drivers in 98?

Comment

Working...
      X