AVI conversion problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVI conversion problems

You did record it in PAL/2 (352x288), right? This is an old bug in the matrox mjpeg codec. Your avi files are ok, but you have to install the Morgan MJPEG codec to process it correctly (search in this forum for more about). At the next time try to capture in full PAL (704x576) and reduce the resolution after (with VirtualDub for example) - you'll get better image quality and have no problems with the 'black and white switching'.
    Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike_wdf (edited 17 April 2000).]

AVI conversion problems

Hello all,
    Newbie here! Well basically my prob is as follows: was recording from a vhs tape a movie, used pcvcr (with my matrox marvel card) and it created 3 avi files, 2 around 2gb,and the third about 500mb! When converting these avi's to mpg format, using any converter (transcoder) the result would be a mpg file where, in the case of the first file, it went for 4minutes, 21 seconds before going to black and white, the same hapened for the next file, but about 7 minutes into the file, the third file was unaffected. Why has this happened? how do i get around this?

Thanks for ya help,
    Regan

Comment

Thanks Mike_wdf! Im now checking out those things you told me about, finally do i need to rip the movie again or are the avi files good to use with the new codec?

Cheers,
      nager

Comment

Working...
      X