AVI file connecting/continuous playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVI file connecting/continuous playback

I know the answer will probably be more clear once I've fooled around some more, but I'll ask now anyhow:
    I've got a bunch of AVIs that were captured using PC-VCR or something else (let's ignore dropped frames for the moment). It seems there are 2 ways to record the whole thing back to VHS from Ulead MSP: preview-playback in full-res mode ('cutlist mode' I think they call it) and creation of a video file beforehand.
    I'd have preferred the playlist feature of PC-VCR for those times where you just want to make a dub w/out FX etc., but I noticed that it pauses a good 1-2 seconds between AVIs, so I'm assuming I need to put the clips onto a timeline first.

My questions are: in full-res preview mode it seems after my first tests that weird things happen once the preview has been saved in memory...like clicking on the preview window or something caused my PC to 'think' for a good ten minutes before I gave up and killed the program. How does one best use this previewing method for playback?

Finally, when creating a video file (which seems surer than the preview method), does the final file take up as much disk space as the sum of the AVIs? I don't have enough space for that. Isn't it possible to somehow create a reference AVI (like I do with the Raptor) that would somehow play back the AVIs in sequence WITHOUT pausing between AVIs?
    (not to mention take up less space)

Thanks again!

There's a section on cutlist editing in the Matrox section of the FAQs http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/FAQ...trox.htm#Mat28

Alternatively AV_IO has a playlist facility which I recall is seamless (someone care to confirm that ?). The link to the AV_IO site is in the "links" section of the site. www.desktopvideoworld.com/dtvw_links.htm

Comment

Working...
    X