copy protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy protection

I just began experimenting with my new RR-G card for my G400 DH and my VCR. I'm in a PAL country.
    I discovered soon that from MSP, when I tried capturing from a commercial video it reported 'Copy protection is reported in the current video source. Your Matrix product doesn't let you record video from a copy-protected source.'
    All right, that's a disappointment. So I
    tried it with PC-VCR, and voila - I was able to capture. I did it several times, recording AVI files of around 10 seconds each. At this point I thought that PC-VCR was able to capture from copy-proteced video.

Now I did some more twiddling around to try and figure out an audio input problem (that's for another post), maybe changed a video setting here and there, set them back, and
    guess what? Now no matter what I do I can't capture anymore. The same error about copy-protection now comes up in PC-VCR no matter what settings I seem to choose. I was also trying to capture from the same video segment more or less, in case it matters.

So my question is, how is it possible that I was able to capture at first, but now I keep getting that copy-protection error? Are there settings that allow it and others that don't?

For the record, my main interest in copying rented video is to add subtitles in french and german for my own enjoyment and practice,
    and because my wife is French and she likes to watch in English with subtitles. For those who might have a problem with what I'm doing.

Thanks, Adrian

there is a cracked set of video tools that may or may not help you at www.desktopvideoworld.com
    click the downloads.. the macrovision protection built into the RRG is well, really flaky at best -- ie, reporting a source is copywrited when it isn't, or not reporting a copy written source properly. Why Matrox even bothered to try (probably because of the damn lawyers) is beyond me..

coolfish

Comment

Well Coolfish, I tried both versions 'Sun's MV-free 1.5x VTs' at the downloads page, and neither of them worked. That is, version 1.52 tells me immediately that the rrapi.dll file is not the right size, while the 1.51 version seems to modify this file fine but *sometimes* gives a file size error for vcap16.dll. In any case, when I run PC-VCR and try to capture, it tells me typically after a few seconds that it detects the copy-protection. It SEEMS to take longer than before all of this business, but in any case it never records more than 10-15 seconds or so.
      BTW, I'm running vidTools version 1.50.xx;
      could this be my problem? Is the software version supposed to correspond to the crack version? Also, could it be that this crack is for NTSC only? I'm under PAL here.

Any idea why it won't work, or where I can something similar - or another version?
      Otherwise it looks like I might need something like the RX-II video stabiliser.

Adrian

Comment

Hi, AdrianSchubert,
        You need english version 1.51 or 1.52 videotools and use the correct pathc. As i know no other version of videotools are working with the patch.
        Ciao

Comment

Hi, AdrianSchubert,
          You need english version 1.51 or 1.52 videotools and use the correct pathc. As i know no other version of videotools are working with the patch.
          Ciao

Comment

Yup, thanks! Got it all done, and voila, it
            works. Now I have to try and fiddle with that video quality, which looks different than the original preview when played back. (why?)

Comment

Hi!

I've already cracked the english version of the drivers and I got an german copy of vcap16.dll (rrapi.dll seems work). If you send me a copy of other language versions of the NOT CRACKED vcap16.dll maybe I will make an universal patcher program for all languages.

Sun.

Comment

Working...
              X