Hey, Flying Dutchman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Flying Dutchman...

Did you ever managed to update your YUY2 & more "Activator"???

Eventually, joedaring@libero.it, thanks!

Have you had any chance to check your G200 better?

Have a nice weekend!

Pippo

Hello Pippo,

sorry, I was truly over my ears in work these weeks. Moreover, my little son (4 yo) is autistic and kept me out of sleep a lot.

I'm going to Germany for a week now, but when I'm back I'll further investigate. Here's what I've found out so far:

- It is necessary to disable busmastering in Powerdesk (release version) for the G200.

-If you install the "leaked" videotools first, then un-install, and then install the "released" videotools, you have both working MJPG hardware capturing and YUY2 capturing. I guess the "leaked" driver leaves something behind in the registry, but I'm still investigating that.

I'm going to compare the different videotools versions when I'm back, I want to make an installer program that installs the "best" drivers so we have working MJPG hardware recording AND TV playback. I have also found out that YUY2/Picvideo gives much better image quality than hardware MJPG if you disable the "2 fields" option.

I'm also working on a tweaking program to modify the channel frequencies because my cable tv provider uses non-standard frequencies. So much to do....
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
    X