Finding the appropriate Matrox Graphic card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the appropriate Matrox Graphic card

I'm still researching, after nearly 2 months, finding out what I can about NLE. I'm leaning towards the RT2500, with a new system. In looking at video cards, I see so many, just from Matrox. There are 4 separate G-450 cards, for example.
    I'm looking at producing SI videos and Weddings. I'd like to have dual monitor. In this family of Matrox graphics cards, what would be a recommendation?
    Please communicate "down" to me, a lot of these new acronyms and abbreviations, and I'm lost.
    Thanks in advance
    steve

No system yet

Steve

If you are spending hundreds on an RT-2500, why not go for the latest one, the G550. It seems to do everything that the G450 can do and is getting good press comments. I don't know what the real differences are, except for the 3-D head interpolation, which seems awfully gimmicky for me, but one mag says that it gives better 2-D performance than 450, so that cannot be bad for NLE. However, it is not so brilliant, like all Matrox cards, if you are into games.

If you have a problem with the 2500 and 550 combination, Matrox cannot blame the card manufacturer or vice versa!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
    X