video tools in win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video tools in win2k

okay, new thread, dealing with what matroxusers have found with the beta release of the win2k drivers (Thank you matrox!!!)

For me, when i capture in the "sp" mode (supposedly == high quality? imho, this "sp" "lp" "slp" is gay, i like the old low quality ---- high quality slider) the video quality is very poor. anyone else get this?

kudos to the new remote, i like how it looks although the 'dial' thing is kinda wierd, haven't figured quite exactly what it's for or how to use it.

i like how it pcvcr no longer mutes everything when loading up or changing channels and whatnot.

not sure if i like the big red dot when capturing, and all that stuff.. could we get that to be a little bit smaller and inconspicuous <sp?> ? maybe an option somehwere for that?

on the other hand, the short captures i've played with so far have been 0 frame drops, pretty nice.

again, thanks for releasing this finally!! i'm sure Matrox will get a ton of comments to help them make it the best software for the RRG ever !

Coolfish

On the Matrox.com forum one of the moderators mentioned that they disabled Close Captioning, Skinz, and RGB. This may be a dumb question but, what do they mean by RGB???
    ~Mitchel

Comment

rgb - red green blue... IE non-compressed (ie non mjpeg).

on another note, I was capturing some TV and there were some dropped frames. When playing back the file in Mediaplayer or in Ulead Video Editor, there is a bunch of black frames where there should be stuff. MediaPlayer gives the error:
      An error occurred while playing the file. (Error=8004406D)

coolfish

Comment

The quality I got is bad too. Kind of like double image. Also, I have to use it in 16-bit color. If I use 36-bit, I get the purple screen when there is "on'screen" setting display. That makes my screen goes purple (cannot see what I am capturing) as the time is counting on the screen. I more thing is that play back is jerky in the begining. I have click "pause" a few times to get the play back smooth. Anybody have the same issue? There is also a minor but irritating problem is that sometimes the "Line-in" of the sound card got mute or un-mute by itself when playing, recording, etc. I'm using SoundBlaster Live Value.

Comment

These new drivers sure do a good job at locking up my system. I hope they come out with better ones soon.
          Marvel G200 8 Meg PCI

Comment

Remember you need to use the latest display drivers with those videotools!

I haven't had much trouble with them but i don't watch much tv with it. I mostly edit in Premiere.

I dont use the preset settings on the pc-vcr, i go in and setup my settings manually (30fps, 704x480, etc...)

Comment

Russb,
              Do these new vidtools solve the problem of crashing premire after stoping the capture?

John

Comment

Working...
              X