No announcement yet.

Drivers for the MarvelG400-TV on Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I hadn't noticed any of those issues. I use premiere 5.1c and the only real problem I've had is that the card only wants to work with the left-hand source monitor preview and not both. The only way around it at this point is to set the monitor to single-video window view which is a pain IMHO.

No crashes for me yet, but the other bug was that it doesn't handle a non-matrox primary graphics card very gracefully. I have voodoo3 as my main and the g400 as my secondary but it doesn't like that and ALWAYS wants to start up on the primary monitor.

Comment

There's some nice "issues" with these drivers, but I won't complain as they are the first real BETA.

However, some issues on my system;

* Random "Page locked" BSOD errors (my first ever system wide crashes in Win2000 in over 4 months I might add).

* I use PAL, and setting PC-VCR to PAL decodes the image properly, but unfortunately the display remains in NTSC dimensions, hence cutting off a large portion of the bottom of the PAL image.
      Capturing like this, however does capture the full PAL image in it's proper dimensions.

* Premiere.. My beloved Premiere. Now this is a wierd one.
      There are two main issues here. Concentrate hard....

Using clips captured in WIN98;

When putting more than one clip in the timeline, scrubbing from one clip to another Premiere treats the transistion between the two clips as if the next clip wasn't there (keeps displaying the final frame of the previous clip), however, the sound from the next clip plays as normal.

Using clips captured in WIN2000;

When putting more than one clip in the timeline, scrubbing from one clip to another crashes Premiere at the transistion between the two clips. The same event is causing different problems depending on which drivers I used to capture the video files.

Those are the main issues off the top of my head.
      Hopefully now these drivers have been released, it'll open the floodgates for a series of rapid updates.
      HAH!

Jason.

Comment

Working...
      X