G400TV Audio problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400TV Audio problem

I am not getting any audio to my TV when I play videos back. (BTW: Thanks to this forum, I *did* figure out how to get full screen video on the TV!)
    Docs said to connect Line In/Out from G400 to Line Out/In on sound card, but I'm having doubts. Have triple-checked all connections, here's how they go (real simple!): I play from combo tv/vcr to G400 and recieve back to same unit from G400. TV/VCR is mono 8^(

I'm considering using the speaker out connection instead of line out, but I'm aware that the speaker out connection has different characteristics (amplification) than line out.

Another side note: I bought a BUZ in its early days (about 2 years ago? 3?) and am expecting the G400 to blow it away! I'm not disappointed so far...

Oh yeah, I'm running this on a brand spankin' new Dell Dimension XPS-T700r with 128Mb ram, and ATA 66 hard drive & controller card and "Soundblaster Live Value" sound card. Let me know if you need more info.

Open up the PC-VCR first. Really, it'll work if everything else is ok:

Other sound tips: http://students.washington.edu/llin/g400.html

Comment

I was just about to register with the same problem and i dont know what to do! Ive got to get my film onto a video tape in time for tuesday which is the maximum deadline for my art project....its so irritating, i get the damn picture but no sound!!!!
      Someone has to know what to do...

------------------
      *~MeTALSlug~*
      *~MeTALSlug~*

Comment

Lawrence: I'm pretty sure I've already tried that, but I'll give it a go. I think I'll be working on the video tonite as I have a Sunday morning deadline and am very busy Saturday!

Comment

MetalSlug: If you're super-stuck, I recommend you connect the speaker-out to G400's line-in. It would probably help if you have a y-connector out of the speaker-out so that you can still hear thru the speakers. As I said in my post, I believe there is a difference in the signal strength between line-out and speaker-out but all it should take to get the level right is some volume tweaking...

Comment

same problem here. I had to bypass the BOB to get audio out to the VCR for taping a finished movie. I think that it is ridiculous that it has to be done that way. What the heck is the audio out on the BOB cable for? Is it just for looks? It makes me mad but I think that the BOB is defective

Comment

I had to do the same thing, paed. I tried everything to get that bob line out to work with my sound card, finally just connected straight to vcr with a separate cable.

Comment

Working...
              X