Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 vs Millennium G400 + RRG

Hey all,

I'm a Matrox loyalist and would like to get into desktop video. I bought my Millennium G400 before the Marvel G400 was available. I'm kind of kicking myself... So the RRG seems to be a good fit. However, rumors suggest the RRG won't be supported on the next generation of Matrox cards.

I looked at some comparisons on Matrox's web site but I couldn't really tell which was the best way to go... Sell my Millennium G400 and get a Marvel, or just buy the Rainbow Runner G add-on. What would you all recommend?

Thanks.

Well through a lot of research on internet I found out that using the Millenium G400 with RRG, might cause some intereference leading to less picture quality compared to Marvel g400. I use the Marvel and is very happe with it, but there is a big BUT.

Following problems have appeared on my card, even after replacing it and using newest available driver:

1. only 16 mb of ram
    2. when playing from vcr, causes lines on the bottom of screen. Matrox tech support have yet to find a solution
    3. can't take input from playstation, whole picture jitters. according to matrox, psx is not tested nor supported
    4. certain types of text with tv tuner, jitters (only part of screen). This is a hardware problem according to matrox
    5. Tv-tuner can't show a good picture with colors that are very bright, especially whitiss color.

Otherwise it is a great card!! I know ATI all in wonder don't have any of those problems, it only has three major faults, the picture quality isn't as good, doesn't support both ntsc and pal at same time and 3d is really bad.

-siulung (leesiulung@hotmail.com)

Comment

About #5... Avery Lee (VirtualDub) has a note on the PSX:
      http://www.concentric.net/~Psilon/video_framerate.html

Comment

Working...
      X