• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMPGE 2.50 now available

Yep 2.50. New site

New features

Version : 2.50. 2001/12/27

- Project Wizerd option implemented.
    - Add option to set number of frame in a GOP at "MPEG setting".
    - For compatibility matter, SSE order for Athlon XP is not enabled at default setting. You can enable it with your own risk.
    - To simplify user-interface, "real time CBR" and "real time CQ" have been deleted from rate adjust setting.
    - Improved compatibility, depends on version of DirectX, audio part of high bitrate MPEG file was not played properly.
    - At CQ mode, declivity of P/B picture can be specified in force picture type setting, which means you can change the setting freely.
    - Improved transaction of key frame with AVI output. This improves some collapses when DivX Codec seeks a movie.
    paulw

I wonder if this is a prelude to charging for the MPEG2 transcoder? It's a big leap in version number compared to what has happened over previous releases.
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Hori-san doesn't seem very anxious to start selling the encoder; it's just too cumbersome to pay a MPEG-2 registration fee for every registered user. That's why he's giving out a (30-days time-limited) freeware version every month...
      Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

I noticed a major improvement in download bandwidth. Seems hosted by "Pegasus Imaging" now. They sell MJPEG and Wavelet codecs if I'm not experiencing a namespace collision. The "for pay" mechanism may about be in place. OTOH if the price is low enough it'll be worth it to not have to update every month.

As a free product I can put up with lots of UI quirks and no to poor docs. Once he starts charging for it these issues can't be ignored.

--wally.

Comment

Listed under "future plans";

Futher quality improvement.
          Supporting SSE2 function. (such as Pentium4)
          Modify user interface
          Create Help file
          Add function to create a MPEG file from more than 2 AVI files (hmmm...does this mean a built-in frameserver? We can hope...)

IF he ends up selling it through (or to) Pegasus that would be GREAT! They are very reasonable in their end user pricing. Cross your fingers.....

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 January 2002, 07:32.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If he makes the plugin MSPRO/Videostudio compatible, consider me a buyer too!
            Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

THAT would require Ulead issuing an open source SDK for their plugins, which they have not done as yet. This is a bit annoying given that Premiere has had an open source SDK for years.

Ulead has, however, been quite a bit more open minded about this in my conversations with them lately. The main issue is one of time given their very busy new product cycle the last few months.

I do keep that ball in the air though, so cross your fingers

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X