Win XP and Rainbow Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP and Rainbow Runner

Has anyone come up with a way to get the Rainbow Runner to work with Windows XP? I just want to be able to use the Audio Input and the Cable. It would be nice to have the Video input and other options but this isn't necessary for what I am currently doing. I would really like to use this and Matrox doesn't have a driver for it. Any ideas anyone?
    drew Fulton
    http://birds532.hypermart.net (incomplete)

I guess you mean the RR-G card, right?

You could try and force the Win2K drivers to install. I did that and got the TV tuner to work, and now Matrox just released a "final release" which allows the closed caption to work.
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

x-caliber, tell me, what final release are you talking about? A driver release or VTools? Can you already capture video under winXP? Did I miss something?

Asus A8N-E
      Opteron 146
      2x512mb Gkill
      Seagate SATA 120 gb
      Plextor Premium/LG GSA-4167B
      Matrox Parhelia APVe
      Echo Mia soundboard

Comment

I was referring to the final release of Video Tools for Win2000, which you could force WinXP to install. I have never tried any sort of video capture, and only use the TV tuner. The TV tuner now seems to run flawlessly under WINXP, previously I posted a message complaining about bugs in the WIN2000 drivers for the video tools (I forced XP to run these W2k drivers).

-X-
        ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

Rainbow Runner G with XP

I have read all threads on this subject. But, I still have this sound
          problem. I installed the 2k drivers with no problems, but when I
          use the TV tuner, I get no sound. Great picture though.

X-Caliber how did you do it? When I boot up I have a green Mute
          sign in the uper right screen, All sound controls are on, Nothing
          is muted in the system controls or Matrox controls.

Please Help

Thanks Chas

Comment

You should check the control panel on the remote control when you start the TV tuner. There is a setting that toggles the sound output, ie: whether it goes to the line-in of your soundcard, etc.

Hope this helps.

-X-

Comment

Working...
            X