Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good capture with g450 etv/Win XP possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good capture with g450 etv/Win XP possible?

Using avi_io and g450 eTV with Win XP produces bad quality captures. I'm not sure what it is, fields reversed maybe, I don't know.

Is there a way to get this combination working correctly. I've tried capturing to huffyuv and PICVideo, result is basically the same with both.

Anything I can try?
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Can you describe the symptoms of the captured video (wavy lines, static, color shifts, etc.)?

Comment

If it's anything like the problems I've had, then it's a reverse field problem.

The captures are horrible in Win 2k/XP with this card. Too bad the new drivers didn't fix this problem. I'm glad I'm not the only person who's seen this issue.

Chris

Comment

It could be the reverse field problem. There are horizontal lines that appear not to be "lined up" in the images.

I have uploaded a clip taken at full resolution in huffyuv and then compressed with no effects or filters using PICVideo at quality 16.

Video file

I guess the fields could be reversed. But then wouldn't de-interlacing fix that. Even the de-interlaced with VD the video still has the horizontal line problem.

Thanks for trying to help out.

Mark
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

That does look like the fields are reversed. This can be adjusted in PIC MJPEG's config settings. If that does not do it, then try capturing with both "overlay" and "preview" options off. With the WinTV, that is how I had to capture full frame YUY2.

Hope that helps

BTW, 422 is always backed up near King of Prussia

Comment

I have done some testing.

Swap fields definitely makes an improvement in the computer monitor image. I think turning off overlay helps as well but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure why turning off overlay would help.

Using DVDMax and TV out - Swap fields on or off, doesn't matter tv image is perfect either way. BTW, I have no problem getting a great TV out image at 1024x768 32bit. I have read people having to use 16 bit color depth.

Thanks for the help.
            - Mark

Comment

Working...
            X