need help capturing still images from DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help capturing still images from DVD

I am using still images captured from avi's and mpeg's to use as reference for animation. I would like to be able to do the same with DVDs. I have a screen capture program called HyperSnap that can't capture the still image from the Matrox DVD player. I suspect that this is because of copy protection in the DVD. Can anybody suggest a way to get the images I want?

Perhaps the problem is that your capture utility can't see the overlay.

This isn't too unusual Windows built-in screen-to-clipboard features (prtscn [whole desktop] and alt-prtscrn [for windows] can't capture the overlay either.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi,

PowerDVD 4 works just great with my Marvel G400-TV.

Regards,

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

I use HyperSnap DX 3.3 (an older version that what you got from Hyperionics.com yesterday, after Haig suggested it to you on the Matrox forums). It has an option in the "capture" pull-down menu called "enable special capture (DirectX, Glide, DVD)" which enables the program to capture single frames from a DVD, no problem, when enabled. Look for this option in your version of HypersnapDX.
        If you can't find it in your newer version, I might be able to dig up the older trial version which will allow this to work, but it will put a "Images captured with HypersnapDX" tag in the upper left corner of each capture.
        Last edited by Kruzin; 10 January 2002, 07:07.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

thanks everybody. I go it working.

Comment

Working...
          X