Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Matrox data rate

Hi!

Need a bit of help here, hoping to save what's left of my sanity and all that...

I've got a new Marvel G400, & I'm trying to get beyond the 3 meg data rate when capturing. Unfortunately, editing the registry (as in the FAQ: so mjpeg quality equals anything higher then 50) is producing results that don't make any sense to my poor befuddled brain!

IMHO, it acts like the data rate is fixed more or less (similar to some DV hardware compression), or maybe the encoding chip is choking -- the higher I bump the quality number over 58 - 59, the lower the data rate, without any reported lost frames. Worse, if I reduce the frame size &/or don't capture audio, I get the same results -- no increase in frame rate at all, meaning it's lower then the fact default. If I stay around 58, I get a slight increase, once close to 3500.

I don't think it's the card getting hot -- the m/board's running cool, and I ran tests early this am with a room temp of 68 F right after a cold boot.

I've tried all the registry settings I found, tried o/clocking the card, & the last couple versions of drivers and software. I've installed the bios update, and am currently running the just released stuff.

As for hardware particulars, I'm running one of the new celeron 533 flip chips at 800 on an Asus P2B (intel bx), 128 mb sdram at 100, the pci/agp buss is at normal clock, the g400 is at 2x with it's own irq of 9, & the drives = a newer WD UDMA66 ide spinning at 7200 on the same channel as an older maxtor UDMA33 at 5400 + an IBM SCSI UW drive at 7200 hooked to an Adaptec 2940auw (the matrox software puts the WD at 12 something meg, & the other two at 6, though the scsi regularly benches at its spec of 10 using other software).

Anyway, I'm about past wit's end with this, so any help &/or hints would be really, really appreciated, plus I'll gladly say a few prayers to enhance your karma... that sort of thing.

thanks
Working...
X